Chapter 4

Cara's POV

I woke up with the peaceful sound of the chirping birds outside my apartment, the sunlight passed through the old wooden blinds I have at the window. The wood made the sunlight soften. I sat up while I yawned and stretched out my hands sidewards. I rubbed my face with my right hand and wore my slippers. As I stood up I walked timidly which made the sound of the floor's friction between the sole of my slippers. I tucked the sheets of my bed and flattened them out. I walked in the kitchen and opened the fridge. I spotted fresh milk and thought of boiling it. I took the carton and poured some milk into the kettle and lit up fire beneath it. As I waited I washed the cup I used last night, and it reminded me of Kendall. Her chocolate brown eyes and her rosewood soft lips. Sigh. I turned of the tap and placed the cup back to the cupboard and took a mug. With the mug in my hand I leaned on the table top and waited for the kettle to create noise. My mind drifted off and flashbacks came of what happened last night. The reminisce of Kendall's beautiful face while she spoke to me as I drove, the smile on her lips as she smiled at me in the resto and the disappointing reminisce of her shadowy figure closing the door which makes the distance between us. As I was about to think of more, the loud whistling of the kettle distracted me. I blew off the fire and took the kettle and poured the milk into my mug. I placed the kettle in the sink which created some steam as the heat of the kettle's bottom touched the wet metal of the sink. I sipped the milk while staring at the window in front of me. The birds flying around the trees beside my apartment. After I finished my milk I showered and put on some clothes and just sat down on the couch thinking of what to do. Honestly, I had no idea because all I could think about was her, Kendall. I clasped my hands together and pressed both of my pointer fingers onto my lips. Thinking hardly on what I should do. I then decided after minutes of decision making, to go over to Kendall's apartment. I still know where it is as I remembered last night. I took my jacket and went outside, I decided to walk since it was a way of making myself calm down as the excitement of seeing Kendall again made me want to run. But I didn't. I continued to walk as I wore my jacket and rubbed my hands together to create heat. I placed them in the pockets of my jacket after. 10 minutes past and I finally was there, I recognized the same lamp post which lit up my hand as I waved to her last night. I took a deep breath and climbed up the staircase in front of her apartment entrance. I knocked softly and waited. There was no response from anyone. I knocked louder and waited. Nothing. Sigh. I decided to wait for her to come home, besides, I bet she wouldn't be that long gone.

After hours of waiting, I checked my watch and it was already 2:30pm. My stomach was grumbling angrily because of the fact that I hadn't ate lunch. I decided to walk down to the bar where I came from and met Kendall last night.

As I arrived, the bell hanging on the door made a loud clinking noise and the bartender recognized me and waved. I smiled at him. I sat down in front of the bar and ordered for a sandwich. The bar sold sandwiches which was weird since it was a bar, but they did and that's what I usually ate. When my sandwich arrived, I wolfed down on it to stop the grumbling of my stomach. And it did stop, I thanked the bartender and handed him the money, I then stepped out of the bar and walked back to Kendall's apartment. I knocked again and still, there was no answer. I sat on the staircase and my stomach started to hurt. God what is wrong with this stomach?! I pressed down on my stomach to lessen the ache. And I knew the cause of this, it was because I ate too fast and too immediately just after my stomach was grumbling angrily. After a few minutes the ache lessened and I let my hands loose. I leaned against the rail of the staircase and my eyes became droopy. I forced it to open but I was too sleepy, the coldness of the air affected my condition. After awhile I couldn't take it no more and I let go as my eyelids gave up and shut down.

There were soft stings on my face and on my hands, I opened my eyes then and discovered it was the rain droplets. It was beginning to rain and so, I took my jacket off and placed it over my head, but even though the weather was bad, I waited for Kendall, cause I knew it was worth it. She was worth it. I just kept rubbing my hands together to create frictional heat. The cold wind of London blew against my face which sent shivers down my spine. I sniffled and rubbed my nose. This was always the reaction in my body when it was cold and freezing, I always sniffled.

Hours and hours passed and Kendall still wasn't arriving. Still, I didn't give up cause I really wanted to see her. The showers stopped and I was dripping wet. But my clothes will dry up. I checked my wrist watch and it displayed 6:37pm. I looked at the horizon and the sun has gone. It needed it's rest and the moon took over. The moon was shining brightly and I recognized, it was a full moon. I stared at it and cold wind blew against my face again. I rubbed both my shoulders using my hands to keep warm. I was hungry again, but I didn't want to leave my place. My head is aching, reacting to it's tiredness and longing. I sighed and air flowed out of my mouth. I remembered the cigarette pack I placed last week in this jacket, I never took it out in case I needed it, and I needed it now. I got a stick and placed it in between my lips. I felt my pockets if I had a lighter. And luckily, I did, I flipped the cover and the fire sparked up. I burned the cigarette tip and started to huff and puff. I tucked back the lighter in my pocket. I need the cigarette to make me warm, but mostly, I needed it to calm me down as all my senses came to life, impatiently waiting for Kendall to come home. I needed her hands, I needed her body, I needed her lips...

I checked my watch again, 7:45pm. I started to think if she was ever gonna come home. Is she wasting her body to someone else right now? Is she sleeping alone in a different apartment? Did she leave? Did she even think about me for one single second? All my thoughts came rolling all over my head trying to mess with me. I forced them to stop. As the clock turned to 7:54 I heard an engine moving slowly towards my place. But I was too tired to check, too tired to even see what it was. Then the engine shut off. I heard footsteps coming near me faster and faster. Then a familiar voice spoke softly and worriedly. But I was too tired, so my eyes shut off and it didn't want to open in my command. I only saw a blur of hair covering the girl's face. But I knew, I knew entirely who it was.