Chapter 9

Kendall's POV

Days and weeks had passed since I saw Cara. The last thing I remember of her is that night when she confessed her love for me. I still kept on thinking about it after each day that passed. I couldn't help but think, was it all true? Was she saying what she really felt deep inside of her? Did she really mean what she said? Does she really love me? All those thoughts came through my mind each night I lay in my bed after that night she confessed to me. Those thoughts never seemed to shatter. The more days that passed, the more those thoughts came creeping in my head. Now, I don't even have to lay down on my bed just for those thoughts to creep in, but even if I was awake, standing, walking, eating, drinking, whatever I do, those thoughts just seem to squish themselves inside my brain. But I always brush them off so that I wouldn't feel sorry for her. But, I did feel sorry for her. Not because she felt hurt, but because she fell in love with a girl who never seemed to please anyone, a girl who never appreciates what people do for her, a girl whose compassionate soul had gotten trapped in an obnoxious brain and body.

I looked outside the window of my apartment. The moon was up and the sky was dim. I decided to go to the bar I went to the first time I saw Cara, and no, it's not because I want to see her, I just want to get a drink. So I stood up from my chair and took my coat. I walked over to the door and opened it, as I stepped outside, I took the keys from the pocket of my coat and inserted the key in the lock of the door. I turned the key until I heard a click. I pulled the key out and started walking towards the bar. After about 15 mins. of walking, I finally arrived at the bar. The bell which hung on the door made the clinking sound as I opened the door and stepped in. Immediately, I called for a bottle of vodka and paid the bartender. I took the bottle and effortlessly opened it with the bottle opener. As I tipped the bottle on my lips, cold liquid came flowing down my throat, the aftertaste was what I loved. When the liquid touched my stomach, it caused warmth through my throat which relaxed me. While I was taking my second gulp of vodka I heard the clinking sound of the bell hanging on the door. As cheesy as it sounds, I immediately looked by the corner of my eye to see if it was Cara. But, it wasn't, instead of a lady with blonde hair, a mix of green, blue and gray colored eyes, smooth thin lips and a slim structured body, a guy came in. He had messy shoulder length curls, sea green eyes, average sized lips, a sturdy jaw and his body structure was fit. I hadn't realized how focused I was on him until I heard a deafening sound of shattering glass. I accidentally lost my grip on the bottle of vodka that I dropped it on the floor and its liquid had spilled all over the floor. It was entirely embarrassing since he looked over to where the sound came from, which was made by clumsy old me. The bartender immediately took a broom and went over to sweep off the broken glass. I immediately rushed to the bathroom to cover my embarrassment and splashed water on my face. Why are you acting so weird? He's just a random- Hot- guy. Wtf?! Keep it together Kendall. You don't like him. You do! No. You don't. Damn it. I went out of the bathroom with those mixed up thoughts of mine. As I was about to walk over the the bartender he blocked my way.

"Hey. I'm Harry, Harry Styles." He said with an attractive british accent.

"Oh h-hi. I'm... I'm..." Damn it, you forgot your fucking name?! Come on, his presence isn't that effective, or is it?

"Forgot your name?" Harry smirked.

"Uh yeah, maybe." I said without thinking twice. Great. Now you sound like a complete psycho.

"I can help you remember..." Harry said with his voice husky. He was leaning closer to me. His eyes were locked on mine and his lips slightly parted.

"Kendall!" I said awkwardly.

"Hmm?" He hummed curiously as he raised one of his eyebrows.

"I'm Kendall, Kendall Jenner." I said softly.