Chapter Twenty-One: A New Threat

After a bit of rest from the battle with Rido it was morning. All the Day Class students were evacuated from Cross Academy after Rido's death so there are no classes today. Some Day Class students witnessed the attack, we said we'd erase their memories under their wishes. Some students, including Sayori Wakaba, refused. So we respected that.

Today is the day Yuuki will leave Cross Academy with Kaname, leaving me to tend to the Night Class from now on.

I am waiting for Yuuki at the gates with Kaien and Kaname. It is obvious Kaname wants me to go with him, but I don't want to go. What will happen to the Night Class if there is no Dorm President? Besides if I left Zero will be all alone.

The faint scent of blood fills the air. Zero did you...?

Before I can finish my thought Yuuki rushes over to us with a suitcase in her hand.

"I'm here, sorry I'm late!" Yuuki exclaims huffing.

"It's fine, Yuuki." Kaname purrs.

Yuuki runs up and wraps her arms around me.

"Are you sure you don't want to come back to the Manor? It won't be the same without you there..." Yuuki asks frowning.

"I'll be fine, Yuuki. Besides I've already told Headmaster that I'd be Dorm President of the Night Class." I say.

Why wouldn't I want to go back to my old home? Well, I saw horrible things that night. The memories are sometimes unbearable.

Yuuki waves goodbye but before she exits with Kaname she turns and looks up at the roof of the main building. There stood Zero, glaring down at Yuuki. Just what did they do up there?

I then hear the loud and clear yell of Ruka and Hanabusa.

"Wait Lord Kaname!" Hanabusa exclaims.

"Just so you know we are not pawns, we will serve you all the way." Ruka says after catching her breath. Kaname just looks down at them, and then he lets them follow him and Yuuki.

As Yuuki walks away with Kaname she looks back at me and smiles her bright smile. I smile back, keeping the tears in, unlike Kaien.

I hear Zero's footsteps coming closer.

"Hello Zero." I say. He doesn't reply which makes me smile a little.

"What are you still doing here? Weren't you going with Yuuki?" Zero asks.

"No, I've decided to stay so I can lead the Night Class." I look at Zero. "Are you staying as well?"

Zero nods his head slightly.

"That's good." I don't know what else to say. Zero must be upset that Yuuki has left, is he not?

When Yuuki, Kaname, Ruka, and Hanabusa are out of sight I turn my back from the ruined gates and headed to my dorm.

???'s POV

It's such a shame Yuuki and Kaname Kuran left the Academy, but one Kuran remains. Tsk, what am I thinking about them for? I am not here for them, I'm here for someone else.

"Scar what are you still doing here?"

"Ugh I told you not to call me by that!" I exclaim. "My name is Scarlet. I never want to hear that nickname again, do you understand Hyde?"

"Yes, I'm sorry." He bows.

"It's strange how a Kuran wants to stay at this Academy. What's so special about it in the first place? Kaien has a dream that will never come to be, vampires and humans can never co-exist. That is the purpose behind Vampire Hunters." I take a breath. "But I've decided to go farther undercover." I snicker.

"What do you mean?" Hyde asks.

"I'm going to enroll to this Academy once it gets back on its feet. To the Day Class of course."

"But why? After all--" I cut him off.

"Tsk, why do you have to be so stubborn? If I'm one of the candidates to be the next President shouldn't I rival against my opponent?" I snicker. "I don't even know why they chose Kiryu, a vampire, to be the other candidate."

"I understand, Scarlet." He looks at me with a worried look on his face, but I don't care.

Let the games begin.

Third person POV

While Cross Academy was under seige, a new threat was abrewing. The mysterious hunter in the shadows is just a mere threat, actually no threat at all.

But far away from Cross Academy lies a mansion, a small and tidy one. The mansion is full of so little life, even when a family occupied it. What happened to the family? The family of Purebloods who lived in the mansion?

There was an assassination.

One child survived this, a young girl with long white hair and light pink eyes. She is a child who is lost in the shadows, so lost that she can never escape.

She stands on the balcony of her bedroom, snickering an evil grin.

"Hehehe, boy of boy this is turning out so well, everything is going according to plan... everything!" She laughs loudy, like a villan. "And that bastard Kaname won't be there to make things more difficult!"

She giggles. "Morishique come here please."

"Yes, Lady Kagura?"

"I'm ready to have some fun."

Morishique bows and walks Kagura to her bed. She plops down on the bed and grins deviously.

"It'll be so much fun, my favorite toy remains! I'll make sure to show you a sweet dream next night, Sakura Kuran..."

To be continued...

A/N: So this was the final chapter of this book. But don't worry, I'll get started on book two as fast as I can. I want to thank JacquieLisete for supporting me the whole way. She has stayed with me even when I didn't update for a long time. So gracias. ^-^

I hope to get book two up this week or next week so please stay tuned.

Goodbye for now,
Lyds