Chapter Twelve: The Ball

Even in the moonlight of the next night I'm still shaken up by the argument I had with my Father the day before. I can't believe he said that to my face. It was as though he was saying: "You hate everything". Since you know I'm one of those creatures that he says don't know how to love but only know how to hate.

The ball will soon start so I put on my creme colored strapless gown that has ruffles on the bottom part. I keep my long wavy hair flowing down.

I head out to the ball.

***

Our class did a great job decorating for the ball. Yeah, we got the lowest test grades. I helped this morning so I don't have to work it tonight.

I saw the whole Night Class minutes after I arrive. I see Kaname and I do a faint smile and wave. He smiles back and I look around for Yuuki, she is know where in sight. I do however see Maria. Ugh I really don't like that vampire. I know she has something up her sleeve. More importantly I feel a strong aura coming from her. Could she be...

"Hello Sakura." I turn and see Aido.

"Oh, hello Hanabusa. How do you like the dance?" I flash a smile.

He avoids my question. "Can you come with me so we can talk about something privately?"

"Oh, sure." Aido grabs my wrist and leads me to a hidden corner. He then blurts out a question that takes me aback.

"Sakura are you related to Lord Kaname?" He asks. My eyes turn wide.

Oh crap he knows... I think.

"What makes you... say that?" Ugh I'm a terrible liar.

"I saw you break the ground yesturday in rage. Plus I can sense your status as a Pureblood."

"You mean you were... stalking me?" Anger fills my voice, but not a lot.

"N-no. I mean yes, maybe. I just heard a loud scream and I went to investigate." Understandable I guess. Besides Hanabusa is very curious.

"Fine I'll tell you the truth," I start. "I am but you can't tell a single soul got it?" He nods.

"So it is true, the Kuran's did have a third child."

"Yes but one is missing, even dead." I don't want him to know too much. If he finds out Yuuki is the third child...

"Thanks for sharing this with me. I thought--" I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm ok with opening my feelings to people." I smile and he looks suprised. I bet because Kaname isn't as carefree as I am, he reminds me of Father. I am more like Mother as is Yuuki.

I go back into the crowd which is a mixture of vampires and humans. I can tell some vampires apart because of the pink liquid in their hands.

I look for Yuuki once more and I see her on the deck with Kaname dancing. It's a very pretty sight. They used to do that so much when we all lived in the manor. Yuuki would always step on Kaname's foot and sometimes she'd want Kaname and I to show her how it's done. Back then there were a lot of smiles.

But then Yuuki jumped off the balcony. I didn't see an explanation of why she left but I did see that one of the glass doors cracked showing Kaname's anger. He turned and saw me.

"Hello." He says.

"What a nice dance, it brings me back to old times."

"Yeah, old times." I know Kaname feels sad because of what happened to Mother and Father.

"Want me to go see where Yuuki is going?" I ask. I don't know if it'll make him feel better.

"Do what you wish." I kiss Kaname on the cheek then jump off the balcony. I can smell Yuuki's scent so I can follow her wherever she is going.

Her trail leads me to the Moon Dorms. What can she possibly be doing here? All the Night Class students are at the ball. I go inside anyway. I see Yuuki in a room in front of.... Maria?! I hide behind a corner.

"Give me your hand..." Maria purrs. Yuuki gives it to her and she bit her finger. Oh god fiery rage is building up inside me right now.

"What is it?" Maria asks confused.

"I'm just glad you find my blood delicious, because in return you'll save Zero for me." This is what this is all about? Saving Zero from falling to Level E? All of the sudden she threw Yuki beside her on the couch.

"It was I who drove Zero into dispair," Maria says sternly. "That is my real body." I saw a man with white hair and a mask bring in a body in a kimono. Wait that man looks like...

"There's one way to save Zero." Maria went over to the body and touched the hand, the eyes instantly opened. "You see all he has to do is drink my blood." She snickers which leaves Yuuki in shock. I now know who Maria is, the Pureblood who killed Zero's family, Shizuka Hio.

She looked my way. "Who's there?" Crud she knows I'm here. I need to step out.

"Hello." I grin.

"Oh, why hello there Sakura Kuran, did Kaname send you?" I see the horrible look in Yuuki's eyes as Shizuka tells her who I really am. Her thoughts echo my last name, Kuran.

"None of your buisness." I state.

"Ichiru will you go deal with her for me?"

"Of course Shizuka. Anything you wish."

Ichiru pulls out a sword and charges towards me. I quickly try and grab my rapier from my wrist but sparks fly. I successfully get my rapier in hand but it's unstable.

"Because your a vampire you can't handle any Vampire Hunter weapon," Shizuka began. "But I am impressed that you've been able to hold it for this long."

"It's not as though I'm weak." I say.

Ichiru tried to slash me but our weapons collid. I back up and charge toward Ichiru, I slash him in the arm just leaving a deep cut. He groaned in pain. I kept a blank face to stay focused on the battle. I put Yuuki and Kaname to the back of my head for these brief moments.

I then hear a gun click.

I saw none other than Zero, pointing the Bloody Rose at Shizuka Hio.

A/N: Hey everyone! It has been like a few weeks since the last update so here is Chapter Twelve: The Ball. How did you like it? I do feel like this is part one of this chapter but whatever. ^-^

Chapter Thirteen: Vow of a Pureblood coming soon!

~ Lyds

***

I'm sorry to say that I probably only update once in December. The reason behind this is that from December 16th - December 30th I'll be in Walt Disney World celebrating Christmas with my family. However until then I'll start working on the next chapter and get it out as soon as I can. I hope you guys will enjoy it. ^-^