Chapter Nineteen: Best Friends Forever

Zero and I head for the roof of the Moon Dorms. On our way there we see so many dead bodies and ash. Rima was right, it was way too obvious where Rido is.

As we approached I hear a scream, a high pitched scream.

"Yuuki!" I exclaim. I barge open the doors and see Rido about to bite Yuuki, though I'm paralyzed for just brief moments pure rage builds up inside of me. I want to kill him. Zero pull out his Bloody Rose and shoot Rido in his shoulder.

"Zero," I hear Yuuki say. "Sakura..." As Rido kneels with his wound I run up to Yuuki and get her out of Rido's bloody ropes with a swift swing from Sunlight.

Yuuki gives me a tight hug. "I thought I was a goner Sakura, a goner!"

I look down upon my frightened sister. "I'll always be here for you Yuuki, always."

Rido is now standing, he looks at Yuuki and I as if we were a delectable feast. Which to him we probably were either way.

Disgusting.

"My, my, my, Juri you had two beautiful little girls." He purrs.

I suddenly feel breathing behind me. I quickly whip around to take out the person behind me with Sunlight but my arms were all of the sudden locked.

"Nice try Juri but you weren't fast enough." I feel cold air on my neck then a sharp pain emits from him. I yelp in pain.

Rido has bitten me.

Yuki's POV

"Sakura!" I exclaim, not believing the sight before me.

Sakura is struggling to get out of Rido's grasp. Rido looks like he is having the time of his life as he slowly takes my sisters energy away. Her eyes turn red lustered by the smell of her own blood. Rido suddenly let's go and collapses on the ground, not dead however. I see a wound in his chest, Sakura must've pierced him with her rapier. She runs weakly over to Zero and I then collapses.

"Sakura, are you ok?" I ask nervously, kneeling down to help her up.

"Y-Yeah..." She's not ok.

"Zero hang on to her." I put Sakura in Zero's arms and she leans on him, heaving. Zero actually looks very concerned for her.

I'm suprised.

"Rido you'll pay." I say. "Not only did you hurt my sister but you also hurt the Night Class..." I see him sneer.

I grab Artimis, despite the sparks flying from my hand and the pain I feel. She glows in a bright light, I don't feel pain anymore. "I will protect the Night Class!" Artimis has turned into a big reaper.

I take a leap for Rido but he easily dodges me. I take a few more swings before I lay a direct hit.

"Juri, you may have gotten powerful, but you will be mine." Rido vanishes in a black mist.

Sakura's POV

The pain is excruciating. Rido had drained me so fast, I barely had the power to pierce him with Sunlight. Yuuki rushs up to me.

"Sakura, you don't look ok." She says. "You should go to the Infirmary."

"I can't!" I exclaim. "Rido is after you and he won't stop until--" All of the sudden a sharp pain is in my chest. I'm not wounded fatally but this pain must be from when Rido drained me, it must be because my throat is dry. We all know what that means.

"Zero take her to the Infirmary." Yuuki orders, leaping away.

Damn my sister, but I can't help but love her more.

All of the sudden I'm being carried, by Zero?

"Zero put me down! I swear to God I'll---"

"Oh shut up." I was taken aback but I stay quiet. I'm blushing again aren't I? Zero puts me down against a wall.

"Zero--"

"Drink my blood, you need the strength to help Yuuki fight Rido."

I turn wide eyed. "Zero I can't, you'll--"

To be honest I'm scared. Will Zero hate me for biting him?

"Just do it, for both of your sakes." I can't believe he is telling me to bite him. Didn't what happen four years ago to him enough?

I look down, but I don't say a word.

I can't believe I am about to do this. But I just think that I if I did this, I will have the strength to fight for my sisters safety. Right now that is all that matters.

But what really got my attention was when Zero said for my sake. Why would he care for me?

I push this thought to the back of my head, I lean towards Zero.

Then pierce his neck.

Yuuki's POV

I hope Zero got Sakura to the Infirmary ok. She seemed to be losing strength very fast. I'm zipping across school grounds looking for Rido.

Tsk, why is Rido doing this? Why is he trying to hurt his own family? Why cause trouble for this Academy, an Academy looking for peace?

Just then something hit my mind, Sayori. What if she has gotten hurt? I need to go find her!

I change course immediately.

Sayori's POV

Some strange things have been happening at Cross Acadamy lately. I'm wondering why all the Day Class students were suddenly called down to the main building for lock down. I haven't seen Yuki in days, I hope she is ok.

Instead of following the other students I quickly slip away from the crowd. I can't rest easily knowing that my best friend could be hurt.

I pace across school grounds, only to run into someone suspicious. They charge at me with sharp claws, with a sinister smile on their face.

I let out a scream but the creature is slain before me by a girl with long brown hair, wait...

"Yuuki!" I exclaim happily.

"Yori!" Yuuki exclaims, rushing up to hug me. "I was so worried about you!" Yuuki begins to tear up a little.

"I was worried too, but what was that thing?" I say looking down at the pile of ash. Yuuki's smile fades as she looks to be weary.

"You see Yori that creature..." She pauses for a moment. "Is what I am."

I turn wide eyed. "You mean your a vampire...?" I ask. Yuuki nods her head slowly.

I smile and hug Yuuki once more.

"I don't care, we will always be best friends forever, no matter what." I start to cry and so does Yuuki. I'll always accept her no matter who or what she is.

A/N: I'm SO SO SO SO *goes on for 1,000 more times* sorry I haven't updated in a month. You see there are two reasons: 1) I wasn't on Wattpad much. :/ and 2) That line Zero says just couldn't fit his style to me but I just have to deal with it because you guys will probably storm my house or something in pure rage. xD

~Lyds