Chapter Nine: The Attack

I stayed silent, wide eyed, to see if he was joking. Yuuki, my sister? That can't be. She's Kaien Cross's daughter. But I have heard that she was brought to him when she was five after Kaname had saved her. He must've adopted her. But she is a human, so that must mean that the same thing happened to her as to me.

"You must be joking." I reassured. "Yuuki can't possibly be..." But it did make sense. I can see Yuuki as that young girl from that image. Kaname nodded stating that it is so true.

"Well that answers my question." I said to myself but I'm sure Kaname heard.

"You now know who your family is, your real family. I don't mean to upset you." Kaname said putting his hand on my back and looking down at me.

"Oh no of course not Kaname-sama. I love both of my families if that is what you mean." I stood and smiled. "I'm sorry but I must get going, there is going to be an exam soon and I want to go to the dance."

"Sakura may I ask you something?" Kaname asks as he stood up and loomed over me.

"Of course." I beamed.

"If you do attend the dance will you dance with me?"

I hugged him. "Of course."

I waved and exited the room.

***

I came to class late but Mr. Yaguri excused me this one time. He has black hair and an eye patch. I sat next to Yuuki, Zero sat above us.

"I was growing weary Sakura, what did you have to do?" Yuuki asks with a worried look on her face.

"Oh it was nothing. I had to go inspect the Moon Dorms." I say smiling. Yuuki nods and I looked behind me to see Zero glaring at me. I shuddered a little. It felt as if his gaze was piercing the back of my neck.

Soon class ended and we were all let out, finally Zero would stop glaring. I went straight to my dorm with Yuuki so we could study.

"Ugh this is too hard..." Yuuki sobbed.

"We'll just have to practice. The test is in a week after all." I beamed.

"Oh all right..." Yuuki frowned. "I hope this year our class won't have to work the ball."

We continued to study after that.

***

I was on patrol on the balcony where if I look behind me through the windows the Night Class are in a lesson with Mr. Yagari. Ok, how bizarre is it to have a Vampire Hunter teach a class of vampires? That's my question.

"Sakura have you seen Zero?" Yuuki asked startling me.

"Oh Yuuki I didn't see you there." I say. "And no I haven't seen him." She frowned.

"Yuuki is something wrong?" I asked.

"Ugh I'm just growing weary of his whereabouts. After all he is a vampire, on the verge of..." I put my hand on her shoulder and she looked up.

"Don't worry Yuuki he won't go Level E." I say. "I'll go look for him if you keep patrol." She nods and says thank you with a bow.

I looked around for what feels like twenty minutes before I finally find him. He was in front of a fountain gasping.

"Zero are you ok? Yuuki is worried." I ran up to him and knelt to see if he was ok. He looked at me and all of the sudden he grabbed my neck. We both fell into the water.

I see he has red luster in his eyes. He doesn't want to do this but he is getting closer and closer to Level E. I smile and all of the sudden his eyes return to normal. We both gasp for air when we are above the water.

"Sakura I'm sorry." He said looking down. I did a faint smile.

"Zero I understand how your feeling though I'm not going through the same thing. I've seen many people go insane by going to Level E." He looked up and all of the sudden a shot rang in the air and I turned wide eyed. Zero's shoulder was grazed by a bullet. And if it hurt him this much...

"Even though it's just a graze it probably hurts like hell." I turned and saw Mr. Yaguri with his rifle. I was supporting Zero in the water while he held his injured shoulder.

"Move aside while I finish him off girl." He said gesturing to me. I put my body in front of Zero's.

"Mr. Yaguri I'll do no such thing."

"Your orders are to eliminate all the Level E vampires from this Acadamy. If he lives it would go against orders."

"He hasn't gone insane yet. Shoot me for all I care." I did a glaring smile. He pointed his rifle at both of us but then I heard the usually childish voice in the distance.

"Stop all this right now!" Headmaster screeched while snatching away Mr. Yagari's rifle. "Mr. Yagari I'll take no such violence on these grounds!" I slipped out of the water and I helped Zero up.

"Headmaster I'll go patch up Zero's wound." I say and I head towards the Nurses Office supporting Zero.

***

"I didn't know you could tend to injuries." Zero says while I was sewing the wound together.

"My mother used to tend to the injured at the Hunters Association so she taught a few things to me. All done." I smile.

"Thanks." He put his shirt back on and headed out. I put all the equipment I used away and follow behind him.

"Oh there you guys are!" Yuuki ran up to us and gave Zero news that Headmaster wanted to see him. I wonder what Headmaster wanted him for, no bother.

I headed to my dorm and fell asleep.

A/N: Chapter Nine is finally posted. I was struggling what to put in it but I soon decided it was going to get close to a certain point soon so I did that Zero attacked Sakura instead of Yuki. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Chapter Ten: The Choice coming soon!

~ Lyds