|| Chapter One ||

~ten years later~

Today wouldn't be a normal day. Starting today I would go to Cross Acadamy to complete the high-class mission the Vampire Hunter Senate gave me. I'd been preparing for this kind of mission for a long time. I walked down the stairs ready where I was instantly greeted by my mother, Jeni Swan, and my father, Hyde Swan.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" mother asked. "We can convince them to have someone else do it if you aren't feeling up to it."

I could tell she was worried about me. She always was. I had been going on missions for the past two years and she still saw me as her little rookie. I didn't blame her. I simply kissed her on the cheek and smiled.

"I'll be fine. It's a Vampire Hunters job to protect people from Level E vampires," I said. "But I'm going to miss you both so much." I wrang one arm around each of their necks and pulled them in before releasing the hug seconds later.

"Thank you for preparing me for this. I hope to make you proud," I murmured, kind of to myself. I heard a honk outside. "I guess my ride is here."

I gave out one last smile and walked out the door. I still looked back at my parents one last time. I didn't want to admit it, but I was kind of nervous. My parents wouldn't be there to guide me like they always were. However, I just kept on telling myself that I would be fine.

Once I was in the car I looked down at my silver necklace. It looked like a locket. In fact, it was one. However, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it open. It was as though it was glued together with super glue. I didn't care. I still loved it and I've never taken it off.

I had always cherished it. It was the one thing I had from my birth parents. I never knew them, not even my parents did. They found me in the forest unconscious and bleeding. They took me in instantly and I've never felt any different from them.

The car started to pull away. I looked out the back window and saw mother and father waving. Mother was, of course, sobbing her heart out as she watched her baby girl go. I waved back, tearing up a little as well. I had to be strong.

"Where too, Miss Swan?" the driver asked.

"Take me to Cross Acadamy," I replied. "Please."

•••

Once I arrived at Cross Academy I was instantly wowed. The campus was huge! There was a large building slap dab in the middle and I guessed that was the main building where the classes were held. To my left, above the skyward trees, there was a tall dorm with a sun on the gate, standing for the Day Class part of the Acadamy. To my right was the same sight but on the gate there was a moon crescent on the gate, standing for the Night Class dorms. I was told the Night Class were vampires but they weren't Level E. Meaning I didn't have to associate myself with them.

I stood in front of the large stone gates that lead onto the school grounds. I saw a red button below a speaker and I pressed it.

"Welcome to Cross Acadamy! Please say your name for entry." The voice sounded male but childish.

"Sakura Swan," I replied. I heard a click and the massive doors swang open.

I walked in but I forgot something very important in my suitcase. I knelt down and swang it open to pull out a black cape that went down to my knees. It covered the upper part of my face, mainly my eyes. To hold the cape around me was a clip of the sun. I changed it to match the part of the academy I was going to be in, the Sun Dorms. My parents said I must've been blessed with beauty. It was a compliment from them but in school, it was totally different. At the Vampire Hunters Academy, I was always used and I never had any true friends. People only saw my beauty, not who I was on the inside or anything. I didn't want the same thing to happen here. So I'd conceal the source of my beauty.