Chapter Eighteen: A Brothers Love

I finally manage to convince the Night Class to help Yuuki and I, it isn't an easy job.

"Jeez, why don't you just talk her out of it? Your the older sister." Ruka complains.

"She is strong minded, it's hard to talk her out of stuff." I say shaking my head.

"Do you even know where Rido is?" Aido asks.

"No, he must not be awakened yet." I say.

"Awakened?" Akakski asks.

"Yes, incase some of you didn't know Rido was in Senri's body and I'm guessing he isn't anymore."

"So we just wait for him to find us?" Aido asks.

"Actually I would like you and Ruka to go look around campus. More Level E vampires have been appearing on campus lately. I want to make sure they don't interfere."

"Baka! Why do I have to go with him??" Ruka complains, crossing her arms.

"What's wrong with going with Aido? Fine, you can go with Akakski." I say. "Check the Sun Dorms first then head on to the other parts of the acadamy. We'll meet back up with you."

They nod their heads and we go separate paths.

I head towards the Moon Dorms. Surely Rido will be there and he will soon be awakened. Then the true battle will begin.

If he is awakened I'm sure I would smell blood, considering he is very blood thirsty.

As I'm walking through the halls I smell blood. But not just any blood, specifically Kaname's.

Why do I smell Kaname's blood? I think. Could he be hurt? I highly doubt it concidering how strong he is but I'm worried.

When I get to the source of the smell I see Kaname nowhere. But I do see Ichiru piercing someone with a sword. Wait... it can't be...

"I'll avenge Shizuka!" Ichiru exclaims. He didn't even hurt Shizuka so why is he trying to avenge her?

Oh wait Shizuka and Rido used to be a couple. Ugh! :/

"Pitiful human get out of my way..." Rido purrs, piercing Ichiru in the side. Ichiru collapses on the floor fatally injured.

"I will feast." Rido leaves Ichiru there and exits the room. I quickly use my Pureblood powers to vanish. I appear outside the Moon Dorms.

"Poor Ichiru." I murmur. I head to go find Yuuki, Aido, and the others. I find them conspiring behind a tree.

"There you are, we began to worry!" Yuuki exclaims. "We need to meet up with Rima and Senri." We find both of them front of the Moon Dorms, where I had just recently exited from minutes ago.

"Did you find Rido?" Ruka asks.

"Of course we did." Senri says.

"It's way too obvious." Rima says pointing to the door.

"Yuuki are you sure you want to face Rido?" I ask. "He's targeting you. You'll be in danger if you go and face him." Yuuki gives me one of her brightest smiles I've ever seen.

"Don't worry about me Sakura, I'm not a little girl anymore. I can defend myself. Can you do something for me?" She asks.

"Of course." I say. "What is it?"

"Can you go and find Zero for me? I want to make sure he's ok. I haven't seen him in forever." Yuuki frowns at the last part.

"Of course, Yuuki." I say and hug her tightly. I look at the Night Class students.

"Please protect my sister." I say sternly, giving them all a small glare. Every single one of the Aristocrats nod.

I then begin to run to look for Zero.

***

The first place I look for Zero is at his dorm, not there. I did hope to follow his scent but I can't pinpoint an exact location where Zero is at the moment. I then smell blood, I don't know who it belongs to, but I need to go and investigate it.

The scent leads me below the main building. I didn't even know the main building had a lower level. It seems like an endless stone stairwell, until I finally come to an opening. I nearly gasp as I peek over the corner.

Zero is down here, Ichiru as well, but Ichiru isn't pleased with Zero. How can I tell? Zero was shot with a Vampire Hunters weapon and Zero wasn't just grazed this time, the whole bullet went through his shoulder. Who shot the weapon you ask? Ichiru himself, but I can't stay mad at him for long, he suddenly collapses. I almost forgot, he still has that wound.

"Ichiru!" Zero exclaims. Ichiru smiles up at him.

"You know Zero I was always jealous of you. You had so many great things about you that I couldn't do." Ichiru says.

"Ichiru don't talk like that." Zero says, he then looks up, sensing my presence.

"I know your there, Sakura, come out." Zero says sternly. I walk up to Ichiru and Zero and kneel before them.

"Is he going to die?" Zero asks.

"Rido put a deep wound into him. I don't think---" I'm cut off.

"Do what you can to save him!" Zero exclaims suddenly. I just now relized that Zero's eyes have a red colored luster to them, probably because of his blood.

"Zero I don't know of any way to save Ichiru." I say. "I don't think even a Pureblood can save him." I frown. I look at Ichiru, who is holding on to his life for as long as he can. "I'm sorry."

"What if you turn him into a--" Zero begins.

"No Zero, it's ok. Shizuka didn't turn me into a vampire so I don't want anyone else to turn me. However, can you do something for me?" Ichiru asks.

"What?" Zero asks.

"Can you devour the rest of my life? So we can become one?" Zero has a suprised look on his face. Almost as suprised as mine.

"I can't do that to you." Zero says.

"You were always so kind hearted as a child Zero. But please, do this for me. I won't hold a grudge on you if you do it." I can tell Zero is hesitating. But he soon bit Ichiru's neck.

I feel bad for the Twins of the Hunters. They were both really happy, once. But after the attack on their home a void separated them. But now I relize that Ichiru and Zero still loved each other throughout all of this somewhere in their hearts.

I can sense no life in Ichiru. Zero gets up but has a hard time standing, I help him.

"Zero you need to rest." I say.

"No, I can't. I need to go and get revenge." I know what he means. He wants to go get Rido because he was the one who caused Ichiru's death. I know I can't stop Zero so...

I'll just have to let him avenge Ichiru.