|| Chapter Seven ||

We stayed hugging for what seemed like forever but he suddenly released the embrace.

"Have the Swans' been good parents?" he asked with a bittersweet tone.

"Yes...great actually. I just wish I could remember my birth parents. They must be vampires if you are my brother." I looked down. "I still don't understand how that is possible..."

"All of your questions will be answered soon, Sakura. Juuri and Haruka, your birth parents, were Pureblood vampires and--" His voice cut off abruptly as though he was about to say something he shouldn't have.

"Kaname, if our parents were vampires how come I am human? It shouldn't be physically possible especially if they were..." Kaname placed his hand on my cheek and smiled slightly.

"I think you should get some more rest. You just got wounded after all." Kaname stood up to leave. "Goodbye for now."

Why is he evading my questions? Is there something he doesn't want me to know?

I hid my worry with a smile and a wave. Kaname left the room, leaving me alone in my thoughts.

Kaname's POV

I was so grateful Sakura remembers that I'm her brother. However, the questions she was asking I could not answer, at least in the current state she wass in. I had to idea what would happen if I were to tell her things of her locked away memories, so I'd have to keep it all a secret until the time is right.

Forgive me for being so secretive, Sakura.

***

After a few hours, Sakura was discharged from the infirmary. Her wounds were all bandaged up but she was told to take it easy for awhile. I was walking her back to her dorm when she stopped abruptly.

"Kaname...what were Juuri and Haruka like?" she asked. "I hate that I can't remember anything  about them."

It honestly hurt me a little to see her so torn up like that. I smiled down at her.

"They loved you very much."

You'll remember soon.

Sakura's POV

Once I was back at my dorm I said goodbye to my brother and instantly laid down on my bed and got lost in my own thoughts.

I had a brother. Yes, my birth family were vampires. My parents were named Juuri and Haruka Kuran. Would that make my name Sakura Kuran? If that's true then should I change it? No...I'll just keep my name Sakura Swan for now.

I suddenly heard a thud. Being curious, I decided to go and investigate it. I heard the sound coming from the other end of the hallway. When I peeked over a corner I saw Yuuki at the top of a flight of stairs and Zero below her.

"Just stay away!" I heard Zero exclaim.

"Zero, I want you to talk to me. After all we're both the same--" Yuuki was cut off.

"No! We're not." Zero snapped.

Yuuki's eyes went wide. A somewhat heartbroken smile crossed her face.

"I'm sorry. I guess I thought--" Yuuki began to walk away from him.

"Wait." He grabbed Yuuki's wrist but her bandage fell off her hand. It was bloody and Zero stood as if frozen before moments later holding Yuuki close to him by the throat.

"Zero, what are you--"  Zero suddenly bit her neck, making me turn wide eyed. I needed to stop him.

"Zero, stop!" I yelled as I rushed down and forcefully grabbed Yuuki out of his arms. Zero's eyes showed a blood colored luster and blood was all over his mouth. He looked just like the worst kind of vampire, a Level E. His eyes suddenly changed back to their original lavender color.

"I-I..." Zero was speechless, taken aback by what he just did. "I'm so sorry..."

I'm sure Yuuki was thinking the same exact thing as me.

Zero was a vampire.

Kaname's POV

Headmaster wouldn't agree with me. Zero needed to be transferred out of the Day Class.

"Kaname, you now that would be the equivalent torture for him. He hates all vampires. I can't let him join the Night Class." Kaien said sternly.

"Yes, but if a human is bitten by a Pureblood then that human will either die or suffer the pain of slowly turning into a vampire." My eyes narrowed. "He can't keep that hunger under control forever. I'm even surprised he's made it this long."

A sweet aroma filled the air and I turned towards the door.

"I smell blood."

Kaien's eyes widened before I rushed out of the room with him calling my name. I hoped it isn't Yuuki's blood. Anyone's but her or Sakura's. Once I reached the source of the smell, I saw Zero, Sakura, and Yuuki. She was holding an unconscious Yuuki in her arms; yet before I could bring myself into the picture Sakura spoke.

"Zero, why did you do this?" she asked calmly, though I could hear slight anger in her voice. He didn't answer so she let out a sigh. She then turned around and saw me. Sakura must've sensed my presence. Hyde and Jeni taught her well.

"Sakura, I'll take Yuuki from here. You should go and rest." I said taking Yuuki into my arms.

"But--" She decided not to continue and headed back to her dorm. Now it was just me and Zero.

"Zero, was Yuuki's blood delicious?" I asked in pure anger.

Sakura's POV

I didn't dare argue with Kaname. Besides, he was a Pureblood with powers. I didn't want to anger him by disobeying. I did what he told me to do and I went back to my dorm. I decided to take a hot shower, despite the occasional sting from my wound, before going to bed.

After getting all ready to go to sleep I sat down on the bed and got lost in my own thoughts once more.

I can't believe Zero is a vampire. He even bit Yuuki but he couldn't have done it on purpose, right? I mean he said he was sorry and he even looked on the verge of crying. Zero hates vampires so he must've been bitten by one...

I suddenly recalled the story I have heard numerous times now. The Downfall of the Kiryu Clan.

It all makes sense now. He was bitten by a Pureblood and he was turned into a vampire. He hates vampires so much because his family was massacred by one.

I honestly feel bad for him now.

I blinked and the sight I saw next made me nearly scream.

All I saw was my room covered in blood.