Chapter Fourteen: Memories

As Kaien and I run to the Moon Dorms I'm very worried about Zero. I mean, sure he is a vampire, a Level D, and sure he is a Vampire Hunter, but his weapon has no effect on Ichiru. Ichiru probably just wants to kill him for whatever reason.

"Kaien you go and find Zero, make sure he's ok. I'll go make sure Shizuka's not roaming the halls." I say. Kaien nods and we go separate paths.

***

It seems like I've been wandering the halls for a long time now. I don't feel Shizuka's presence, but I do smell blood. All of the sudden I hear a voice boom behind me. I turn and see Kaname.

"Sakura what are you still doing up?" He asks.

"I'm just making sure that Shizuka still isn't standing." I look up at him. "Tell me did you take care of her?" Kaname nods.

"That's good. Now I can rest easily." Without Shizuka roaming around I won't have to be weary about Yuuki.

"I'm going to go rest. Goodnight Sakura."

"Goodnight Kaname." I turn and leave the dormitories.

***

It's nearly daylight so I have no reason to sleep. It's an hour before classes start so I guess I can walk around campus to blow off some steam. Even though I am a vampire I have a mission, to assassinate Level E vampires. I sense none and I find none.

It is just Yuuki and I guarding the gates today. Zero is still recovering from his fight with Ichiru last night. I am serious, the gates are packed. I mean I'm even tired out without Zero here to scare some of the girls off. Soon we managed to make a path so that the Night Class students could pass through.

As I hold off some girls from attacking the Night Class I look behind me to see Kaname, he doesn't look at ease. I then see Senri right behind Kaname, but he doesn't look the same. The minute I see his eyes I nearly have a heart attack. I see one icy blue like Senri's but then I see the other is blood red.

"Hey Yuuki can you take care of it from here? I don't feel so well..." I croak. It's not like I want to leave Yuuki alone but...

"Sure, you go get better and I'll bring the work to your dorm later." I thank Yuuki and run off. I look behind me to make sure no one was following me, but I saw him looking at me. I run faster. I stop behind a tree to take a breather.

It can't be, no it's not possible. He's gone. The years I didn't have my memories he should have perished. But why does he look like that? Why does he look like the man from that night? He's the man who who killed Haruka, my Father. He killed his own sibling!

WHY DOES SENRI HAVE HIS EYES????!!!!! I think loudly. I begin to ball my eyes out. The memory of that night was at the back of my head but now it's resurfacing. The moment my Father turned to ash, the moment the man grinned at me...

The moment where I lost everything important to me.

Senri what happened to you last night? You had your regular ice blue eyes but now you have his eyes, the eyes of a monster, the eyes of my evil uncle, Rido.

I need to go find Kaname.

***

I now stand in front of Kaname's dorm. I knock and I heard him say come in.

"Kaname-sama, I must discuss something with you." I say sternly. "I've noticed something disturbing this morning at the gates."

"What is it?" He asks. Kaname, you know what I'm talking about.