Chapter Ten: The Choice

So it turns out a new student is coming to Cross Acadamy today. I wonder what she'll be like, nice and friendly, or mean and arrogant? I can't wait to meet her. Of course I don't know if she is in the Day Class or Night Class but that doesn't really matter.

Yuuki, Zero, and I wait by the gate. I begin to grow more weary by the second. How will I greet her? Maybe the typical hello will do.

"Zero, Yuuki, Sakura this is Maria Kurenai. She will be attending the Night Class." Headmaster says.

Maria walked forward. "Hello there, I'm Maria. You looks so--" She was about to touch Yuuki when Zero slapped her hand away. She smiled but it looked kind of sinister.

She then looked at me. "Umm sorry to ask but can you show me around a bit? It's my first day and I don't know my way around." She looks like she is desperate.

"Oh sure Maria, welcome to Cross Acadamy." I smile. "I'll show you where you'll be staying first."

As I left with Maria I felt Zero's glare. So... he feels something is off as well. I've just met her but Maria seems too suspicious, like she's hiding something. I stay silent until Maria speaks.

"It seems that Zero doesn't like me..." She pouts.

"Don't worry Maria he is like that with every new person he meets." Zero did it to me because he misjudged me. After all he did think I was a vampire at first. But he knows Maria is a vampire, so that must mean that they are somehow connected.

"Well here we are, the Moon Dorms." I point up to the cresent on the gate. I walk in and Maria slowly follows. Once we're inside we are greeted by Takuma.

"Hello Sakura, who is this?" Takuma says smiling. Well actually he smiles nearly all the time.

"This is Maria Kurenai, a new student of the Moon Dorms. Can you show her to her dorm Takuma?" He nods and Maria follows him up the flight of stairs to the dorms. I walk back to attend class.

I let out a big sigh. I felt like I needed to be very careful. Maria seems like one who can easily subdue you. Zero didn't seem to like her. He doesn't like anyone but he seemed to have an even greater hate for her. Something must be up, I just have to figure out what it is.

I look up and see tons of blood all around me again and my legs feel like jelly. When I blink again it's all gone.

Maybe I'm just pushing myself too much... I think.

I'm now in front of the gates going to class.

***

It is now night time and I'm watching the night with Zero. We're in front of the classroom windows.

"So Zero, nothing personal but you don't really like Maria do you?" I smile and look over at him.

"What makes you say that?" He looks at me.

"Well it seemed today you looked like you wanted to strangle the life out of her."

He looked away. "You wouldn't understand."

I shook my head. "Zero I'll understand anything. Is this because she has something to do with your--" I didn't want to continue because I saw Zero was about to burst. Just then he leaped away and I followed behind. What was making him so jumpy?

I then saw what it was. Maria was talking to Yuuki. He wants to protect Yuuki from Maria because Maria must've did something bad to him years ago. And I mean something truly awful.

"Zero!" Yuuki screeches as Zero pulls out his Bloody Rose and points it towards Maria. Maria just smiles, apologizes, and strolls away. Yuuki gets into it with Zero. When it was over I walked up to him.

"Zero I now understand why you hate Maria." I say, he looks suprised. "She was the one who killed your family and turned you into a vampire wasn't she?" My face was now stern meaning I wanted an answer.

He nodded his head slightly.

All of the sudden I began to feel lightheaded, I saw Maria in the distance smiling.

***

Everything is dark and cold, I don't know where I am nor can I see a thing. I'm alone but I can feel the presence of another person. How did I get here? Oh that's right, I fainted and before I did I saw Maria smirking at me. Tsk, what did she do to me?! I need to wake up from this trance.

All of the sudden I see a blood bath in a house and two dead people. Were they vampire hunters? Among them is a boy, who seemed to still be alive. My legs won't move, I'm stuck seeing this horrible sight.

But then I see his face. That white hair and lavender eyes can only mean one thing.

This was the day that changed everything for him. The day his whole family died.

And the day the boy named Zero Kiryu became a vampire, the creatures he dispised most.

***

I awake with a start. I notice Zero leaning over me. I quickly sit up and look at him.

"Geez you gave me a scare..." He said looking away.

"Sorry for that, something has just been happening with me lately." I scratched the back of my head. I looked at where I last saw Maria but she wasn't there.

I stand. "I must get going, I need to at least get an hour or two of studying in." I wave goodbye and jump off the edge, landing smoothly on the ground. I then head back to my dorms.

***

I've studied for what seems like forever and my brain is hurting. So much to know in three hours time. After about two and a half hours I decide to go to sleep. But then I saw the horrible vision yet again. Except this time everything around me was pure red.

I can't hide my fear anymore, I scream in fright and then Kaname appears. He must've heard me scream from a mile away. He walks up to me.

"Kana--" He puts his hand on my head, and I fall into a deep slumber.

Kaname's POV

It is obvious that Sakura needs to be turned back into a vampire. She is becoming more and more frightened everytime she sees a bloody image. I must do something before this gets too much out of hand.

The only choice is to turn her into a vampire. That is what I must do.

I just hope she'll forgive me.

A/N: Hiya everyone! Chapter Ten: The Choice is finally posted! I know alot of you have been awaiting this so here it is. I want to thank you all for over 300 votes on this story, I can't believe how far this story has gotten with all of your support and I thank you all for that. I also want to thank the following especially: RahafSaad3 CherylMander SamieTheSalamander love_yourself_now for voting, commenting, and supporting me all the way!

Chapter Eleven: Life of a Pureblood coming soon!

~ Lyds