|| Chapter Three ||

I had to stay in the infirmary overnight to get better but in the morning I was allowed to go to my classes. I had my clothes on already but I had to grab my armband to put around my arm. Luckily my black cape was allowed to be on me the whole time while I was in treatment.

I leapt out of the bed to meet Yuuki on the other side of the door.

"I'm sure just a few more times and I'll memorize it. Sorry to wake you up early..." I said sheepishly.

"It's okay, Sakura. Believe me for my first month I always took a wrong turn."

Yuuki smiled reassuringly me making me smile slightly in return. We had to get out of the main building somehow because the gates were surrounded by screaming girls, like always.

We made it to the other side of the gates in time when we noticed the Night Class students starting to stroll past the Day Class students. The blond haired boy, Hanabusa Aido, flirted with the girls once again resulting in them fainting with joy. I did notice one thing as the vampires passed: Kaname was know where in sight.

Kaname's POV

I decided not to head to class last night. I needed some time to think about the new Guardian. It baffled me how much she was on my mind recently. Her name is Sakura. Sakura....I missed her so much. However, my Sakura was gone so I needed to stop thinking about her. It hurt too much.

Yesterday after I caught her I caught a glimpse of something silver adorned around her neck. I thought for a moment that maybe it was her, but I quickly shook that thought away.

She was clever, just like my little sister who I missed so much.

I was very intrigued about the fact that soon after she took my hand she fainted. That was very peculiar. Right after she lost consciousness I brought her straight back to the academy where soon after Yuuki and Zero came to wait for her to wake up. I tried to read her mind, to hopefully see just a glimpse of a memory that would tell me if she really was my sibling, but it was no good. It was as if something was blocking me from doing so.

That night I told her to run. I thought I would find her in the woods unharmed but it was no use. She didn't leave a trail for me to follow.

Yuuki was unharmed but her mind was wiped clean, to protect her. It was to protect her, I had to remember that. But I now had neither of my sisters who remembered me. Yuuki's time will come soon. But Sakura...?

I pray that she's safe.

Sakura's POV

Are classes always boring? Because that's what I was thinking. After fifteen minutes of doodling my pencil broke and I was left to listen to yet another boring lecture. Fun.

Today was a normal day. And by normal I meant no attacks, not even in the night.

I soon heard the voice of Kaname. I turned to see him just inches from me, nearly making me jump out of my skin.

"I didn't mean to frighten you," he said looking apologetic. "How are you today, Sakura?"

I avoided his question by asking another question. "Where were you today?"

He turned slightly away from me. "I had some business to attend to."

"Very well." I didn't quite believe it. "What about tonight? Why aren't you in class?"

"I wanted to ask you something. I've been wondering something about you."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you have any siblings?"

"No, the Swans only had one child."

"Ah. So you didn't have brothers or sisters to grow up with. I grew up with two amazing sisters."

"The way you put it that was a luxury I lived without," I said disinterested. "Lucky you."

"Sakura, there you are!" Yuuki exclaimed as she ran up to us. "Oh....hello, Kaname."

"Hello, Yuuki."

"What are you two doing here? This is close to the exiting gates." I didn't notice I wandered so far off while patrolling.

"We were just having a little heart to heart," Kaname said. "I should be heading back. Goodnight you two."

"Goodnight." We both said at the same time. Kaname left us moments later to be alone.

He said he had two siblings but from what I could recall Juuri and Hakura Kuran only had two kids, not three. I didn't know who or what happened to the other one. Maybe they died that horrible night.

All of the sudden by vision went black yet again and I collapsed.

•••

A woman was speaking to me in a kind tone. "Sakura, your brother is waiting for you to wake up. Don't you want to look outside?"

I stirred and groaned. "Okay, okay, I'll get up."

I went and looked out of the window of my bedroom. It was snowing. About two feet of it was plopped onto the ground, making me smile and giggle.

"Mother, can I go outside with onii-chan?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course. Let's just get you dressed. It's chilly out there."

I put on my light purple jacket with my white scarf, mittens, and hat. Moments later I was running up to my big brother with my arms outstretched.

"Onii-chan!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Can we go outside, pretty please?"

"Of course, Sakura."

Once we went out I instantly laid down on the snow and started to make a snow angel. I laughed aloud and I felt my face turning red.

"Sakura, do you want to build a snowman?" big brother asked.

"Yes, yes!"

I was so excited. I had never built a snowman before. I helped roll three snowballs. One big, one medium, one small. Brother stacked them on top of one another and we both decorated it. Once we were done mother came outside with a camera and snapped a photo.

•••

I awoke with Yuuki by my side. She had a worried expression spread across her face.

"You had me scared for a moment there, Sakura! I was about to tell you we had to head to the headmaster's office when I looked over and you collapsed!"

"I'm sorry I scared you, Yuuki. For some reason I can't help it and I feel fine..."

"Maybe you're just overworking yourself. I say you should get some rest after we meet with the headmaster."

"Maybe...." I muttered.

"Well, now that you're awake we should be heading back. He has something urgent to tell us."

"Understood."

As we walked towards our destination one word echoed in my mind.

Snowman.