|| Chapter Five ||

I awoke to the sun in my eyes. Before I went to sleep last night Yuuki explained to me what St. Chocolatle's Day was all about. It was honestly kind of silly, at least in my eyes.

The girls in the Day Class gave chocolates to the boys in the Night Class they liked to show their affection for them. Of course, it was a big hustle for the Guardians.

"Happy St. Chocolatle Day!" Yuuki exclaimed as she barged into my room.

I was startled as I suddenly jolted up. I was feeling a little groggy and had bed head. What's worse was that I didn't even have my cloak on.

It worried me. People who knew what I looked like just used me. Would Yuuki see me differently?

"Yuuki, you startled me!" I hissed before breaking into a small, but nervous, giggle.

"Today is a big day so you have to get up early." She looked wide eyed at me. "You look beautiful."

I frowned, staying silent.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I--I don't like it when people see what I look like," I said while covering half my face with the covers.

"Why's that? You have nothing to hide."

I stayed silent for a brief moment. "Before I came to Cross I never had any true friends at the academy where I was trained to hunt down Level E's. I was always used..."

"Well, Cross Acadamy is different you have nothing to be afraid about! Besides if boys start hitting on you just ignore them."

I giggled. "Okay..."

Should I?

"I'll wait outside while you get ready."

She walked out and I got out of my comfy bed to get my Day Class uniform on. Afterwards, I put on my white armband then started to brush my hair, revealing gorgeous curls.

I was willing to take a risk that day.

"Ready to go!" I exclaimed, opening the door to see Yuuki before we headed down to the gates together moments later.

•••

"Alright everyone, listen up!" Yuuki exclaimed.

She blew a whistle on top of the gates in a dire attempt to get everyone's attention; yet no one turned their gazes towards her. The girls flailing their arms stopped and stared at me. Not at Yuuki, me. I looked away.

Yuuki blowed the whistle again and all the attention fixated on me went to her.

"Today needs to be delt with carefully! We want you all to get your chocolates to your crushes safely. You there!"

Yuuki pointed to a girl with chestnut braids scaling the wall. However, before she was over she stumbled and fell, getting caught by Zero moments later.

"Nice catch, Zero!" Yuuki yelled.

"If none of you behave I'll have it so this event is banned!" Zero exclaimed annoyingly.

All the girls groaned and looked angrily at him. At least for a brief moment there was silence. As he was walking by me he paused.

"You look nice without the cloak," he mumbled, so only I could hear, before continuing to walk off.

"T-thanks?" I said confused.

That's the first time Zero had actually complemented me. It felt odd but hearing him say that made me little.... happy for some reason.