|| Chapter Four ||

It didn't take Yuuki and I long to get to the headmaster's office. I noticed Zero was waiting for us there ironically. Usually he was the one who was always late. Headmaster wore a very worried look on his face but he lightened up when he saw us come in.

"Oh my, you had me so worried you two! Yuuki, don't ever do that to daddy again!"

He reached in for a hug but missed and ended up hitting me instead. After a moment I forcefully pulled him off.

"Sorry. What's this meeting all about?" Yuuki asked.

"You see, there is a big problem on campus lately. There have been some Level E vampires roaming around and that's unacceptable. In fact, last night Sakura encountered one and slayed it before it harmed a Day Class student."

"Great job, Sakura!" Yuuki exclaimed as she patted my back.

I smiled slightly. "Thank you."

"I want you three to search campus throughly. Try not to be too far apart if you need help," headmaster said, his tone changing evermore serious.

"Understood." Yuuki and I said.

Zero didn't say a word. Both of his hands were in his pockets. After we received our mission the three of us parted ways, well most of us.

Even though headmaster said to stay together Zero wandered off leaving Yuuki and I to find the Level E's ourselves. It was really no biggie. All was going well and I was sure Yuuki and I could handle ourselves against the beasts. Our weapons were discretely ready. Yuuki had her rod, Artemis, under her skirt while I had Sunlight around my wrist.

All of the sudden I sensed one. No three, five? There were too many to count. All I knew was they were all around us. When they showed themselves their eyes showed a red colored luster and they had claws, perfect for gripping their prey. Yuuki began to tremble.

"Yuuki, control yourself!" I yelled.

A few seconds later she collapsed and I was left to defend her against the monsters that surrounded us.

Damn it... I thought.

Not even a moment after Yuuki passed out two lunged at me and I easily turned them both to ash with a swipe from my rapier. I had never encountered this many, at least not alone.

Then something happened at the worst possible time.

My vision began to blur and black out from the sides. I held my head with my free hand and I lost my balance seconds later.

Not now...

I too collapsed on the ground.

•••

"Happy birthday, Sakura!" big brother exclaimed with a wide smile.

We were outside in a garden filled with butterflies and other small animals. It made me happy.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed. I ran up and hugged him before he perked my head up.

"Sakura, your my little eagle, your brave and clever. Don't you ever forget that."

"I won't, onii-chan." I promised.

At that moment mother came out with my double chocolate cake, my favorite. Following her out the door was father.

"A cake for my perfect little girl," mother giggled.

She held it out in front of me and I blew out the candles. Then my parents both brought the cake inside to cut it, leaving my big brother and I alone.