|| Chapter Two ||

"Sakura, it's time to get up!" Yuuki exclaimed through the door as she knocked. I heard a little yawn coming from the other side.

"I'll be out in a minute!" I yelled back.

I grabbed my Day Class uniform and quickly changed. I brushed my long hair down, revealing gorgeous curls. I then clipped my cape on, making sure it covered my face, before I put the white armband around the upper half of my left arm and headed out the door.

•••

It was wild outside the gates. Girls were screeching what seemed like Night Class names, mostly boys. I saw Yuuki trying to keep them away so the vampires could get through. Zero was doing absolutely nothing, just leaning against a tree. Shouldn't he have been doing something? I went in to help Yuuki.

My presence must've stirred up some curiosity between the Day Class students.

"Who the hell are you?" I heard a girl hiss at me. What did I do wrong?

"The newest member of the Disaplinary Committee thank you very much." The girl backed off instantly, knowing I shouldn't be messed with.

Just then the gates opened and out poured students in white attire. Girls went even more crazy, which I thought wasn't even possible. A boy with blonde hair and light blue eyes greeted the fangirls in a friendly way before he pointed his index finger at them and said, "Bang~." The girls fainted in joy.

I noticed that one boy looked at me in particular. He was tall and had dark brown hair nearly covering his eyes. I knew who he was. His aura was unmistakable. He was Kaname Kuran of the Kuran Clan. May Juri and Haruka rest in peace.

"Oh, Kaname! I wanted to introduce you to the new Guardian!" Yuuki exclaimed with a smile.

"Oh? What's your name?" he asked as he bent down and kissed my hand. I took a step back as I got a little defensive. I needed to mind my own business and not engage with the vampires unless it was strictly necessary, despite their status.

"Sakura Swan," I said. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

He smiled slightly and cooed, "I hope you enjoy your time here," before continuing to walk back to the Moon Dorms.

Kaname's POV

Sakura, my Sakura? No, Sakura disappeared ten years ago and I haven't heard a single thing about her at all.... I couldn't stop thinking about her. She was so mysterious. What if she had that necklace mother gave her that night with the picture of all of us residing inside? That would prove she is my lost sister.

I gazed back at her as I walked away. I had a feeling that Yuuki would get along well with that girl, whoever she might've been.

She had the aura of a human. If she was the Sakura I knew and loved how was her vampire genes suppressed?

I shook my head slightly.

She can't possibly be alive. It's been ten years.

Sakura's POV

Class was very boring, as expected. Yuuki lead me to all the classes I had since it was my first day. Right away the teacher wanted me to remove my cloak but I told him I had a problem with the sun and he let it pass. Thank goodness. I sat next to Yuuki and Zero was on the other side of her. Both of them fell asleep during class and got into trouble. I told Kaien they needed sleep.

After all the classes were over we didn't have to go through the same thing we had to go through this morning. Once all the Day Class students left the Night Class students started to head down to class.