Game 33 - May hawak ng baton

Start from the beginning

He felt like the distant between them wasgradually increasing but still he waited. He waited patiently for Emma to answer him. This was his plan after all in the first place, he told himself that day that he would wait for Emma. 

Hindi niya ito mamadaliin. 

Two hours had passed but the room was still silent. He kept looking at Emma but Emma was just looking straight to the wall. She didn't even move for two fucking hours. "My past." she started. And it made him hope that this was it, Emma was letting him in. "My past will continue to be in the past. I made a vow to myself not to relive those memories so you're wasting your time." just like that, his hope shattered into million pieces. 

He closed his eyes for a moment, willing himself to let go of the frustration he was feeling right now. "Why? Why do you still keep on treating me like a goddamn stranger?" he asked in a quiet tone. "Anong dapat kong gawin para lang papasukin mo ako?" 

"Caleb, I never asked about your past, about Regina." Emma said. Regina? Paano nito nakilala si Regina? "I never did so don't ask me about my past." 

"So sinasabi mo na sabihin ko muna sayo yung nakaraan ko at ganun ka rin?" tanong niya dito. "Then fine—" he cut off. 

"I don't really care about your past. I'm sure it'll bore me to death. It's just the classic, geeky meets slutty, slutty dumps geeky for hottie with money." Emma said. 

"And what's yours?" Caleb asked. "Slutty falls in love with player, player cheats on slutty, slutty dumps player, slutty sleeps with player's arch nemesis?" he provoked. Alam niyang hindi niya dapat ito sinabi pero ewan ba niya, parang bigla nalang itong lumabas sa bibig niya. Hindi na niya napigilan pa. 

Emma stood up. She faced him with that cold dead eyes of her, she smirked at him. "Congratulations you got it right." she said, her voice still sounded empty. "So ngayong alam mo na pwede bang iwanan mo muna ako?" 

Tumayo si Caleb at akmang lalapitan si Emma kaso lumayo lang si Emma. "Emma, I didn't—" 

"Know?" Emma finished. "Ngayon alam mo na." she said. He looked at her sadly. He just guessed, he didn't even know it was it but now he felt worse. "Oh no, don't look at me with pity. I don't need your pity!" said Emma with full of contempt. 

"Anong nangyari Emma?" tanong niya. Pakiramdam kasi ni Caleb ay sasagutin na siya ni Emma. At hindi na mahalaga kung puno ito ng galit, o kung kakamuhian siya nito, ang mahalaga ay malaman niya kung anong ginawa ng gagong Andy na yun. 

"Anong nangyari?" Emma hissed. "Ginagago niya ako! Haggang sa huli wala siyang ginawa kundi gaguhin ako." she yelled. "He...." 

Caleb now noticed that Emma was on the verge of bursting to tears so just as he was about to ran towards her the door opened and revealed Angelo Chua with Andy behind him. 

Angelo Chua immediately ran towards Emma's side and held her. "Emma." he called sweetly at her. 

It was as if it was natural, Emma hugged him back, with her face pressed to his chest. Caleb heard Emma's soft sob as Angelo soothed her. That was his place. 

He was the boyfriend. 

Lumayo siya at hindi niya namalayan nasa tabi na pala niya si Andy. Hindi parin nawala yung titig niya sa dalawa. "Hindi lang ako yung karibal mo. Hindi ka nga dapat mangamba sa akin. Ayun." turo ni Andy kay Angelo. "Ayun ang dapat mong bantayan." 

"He doesn't love her." he denied. 

Andy snorted. "Guess you're going to say he loves Elena. That's fucking bullshit. Bata palang si Emma na. Lahat alam na mahal niya si Emma, pati nga si Elena alam yun. Si Emma lang yung nagde-deny sa sarili niya." he explained. "You and I are no match with that guy. What Angelo doesn't approve Emma doesn't also." 

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" 

"Sa huli, si Angelo ang takbuhan ni Emma. Kahit anong gawin mo, sa huli si Angelo parin. Hinding hindi mawawala si Angelo. Emma's too dependent on him and that fucking asshole is using that for his own advantage." Andy said. 

Tinignan lang niya yung dalawa at dun niya nakita iyon. Tama nga si Andy, mahal ni Angelo si Emma. It was seen on how he held her. How he soothed her. 

Piece by piece, he was learning what happened in the past. He found out the root cause of Andy and Angelo's hatred for each other and she was standing in front of him hugging another man. 

Emma said four lives changed with what Andy did in the past, he knew who the three were: Emma, Andy and Angelo but who was the fourth one? 

He won't get the answers here. Neither Andy nor Emma would tell him. 

Guess he would need to go find a second hand information. The best friend.

Hindi na siya nagpaalam pa, umalis nalang siya sa bahay ni Emma. Ang alam lang niya kailangan niyang malaman yung nangyari, hindi niya muna iisipin kung sino yung kasama ngayon ni Emma sa kwarto niya. 

Emma would never cheat on him. No. She would never. Hindi niya muna iisipin na yung lalaking nandun ay mahal si Emma. Wala siyang pake haggang siya parin ang boyfriend ni Emma, siya ang may hawak ng baton. 

He would get to the finish line. 

Yes it did hurt seeing the woman he loves being held by someone else. But he would keep it inside and learn the past so that the two of them could move forward. 

He believed they could after this debacle. 

A/N:

Magiging Nancy Drew pa ata si Caleb ah. Or yung si Steve sa Blues Clues. Next chapter na talaga promise.  Sinulat ko to kaninang madaling araw kaya baka medyo magulo siya, sorry.

Vote and Comment. 

till next time . . .