Chapter 7 - Cage of Darkness

Start from the beginning

Without another word, a rope came flying down the hole, towards Ash.

"Grab it!" Professor Oak's voice shouted, filling Ash with relief. He grabbed onto the rope and felt how tight it was as he scaled up to the crack, Professor Oak and Serena holding onto it so it was climbable. 

Ash eventually hauled himself up onto the stairs once more, instantly being tackled into a hug by Serena, who buried her face into his chest. 

"I'm fine" Ash put his arms around her and felt her nod.

"I know, I was just really worried" Serena whispered softly, tightening her grip around Ash.

"Shall we go home? I have a lot to talk about" Ash's words made Serena look up with intrigue. She could only muster up a nod, wiping away the forming tears of joy. They headed home and went to Ash's room. On the way back, Ash noticed that everything around him was being restored to its former glory, the fires caused just a distant memory. 

"Woah, are you okay Ash?" Serena asked, stopping Ash. Ash turned his head, noticing she was looking at his arms. 

"I feel...fine?" Ash wasn't sure how to reply, so Serena poked his arms. Nothing.

"You have loads of scratches up both of your arms, probably your legs too I bet" Serena continued to walk on beside Ash, heading to his room. 

As soon as they both sat down, Ash explained the 'dream' he had and everything that had happened leading up to him falling through the stairs. Serena knew what had happened beforehand and confirmed Ash's story.

"One moment, everything was normal and then I suddenly woke up on the floor" Serena explained once Ash had finished. "It was really strange"

"Before I came back, Parker and I had a little dispute with Team Shadow. I bet they are just keeping us distracted from the real danger, making us worry and defend ourselves" Ash frowned with anger, clenching his fists.

"We still have the things with Lance and Parker himself. What is going on?" Serena wondered, also frowning. 

"Parker said he is going off on his own, presumably working on this from a rogue point of view, at least for now. We should try and alert everyone of the situation" Ash said, a thought popping into his head. He realised that they still didn't know what the actual situation was. All they knew was that Team Shadow was ready to cause trouble once more and they all needed to stop them.

Night came and everyone fell asleep almost instantly, Ash snoring away his exhaustion. However, Serena was still awake, thinking about the possibilities and the situations that could occur, when two things happened simultaneously. 

"I think it's about time I stopped sleeping," Serena said to herself, her eyes flashing red. Her eyes began to widen, the original colour returning. "W-w-what?"

Serena stepped up to the mirror, looking at her perfectly normal self when her eyes flashed a deep red colour once more.

"You think you could escape me?" Serena watched as her own mouth moved like it was natural, but it wasn't something she wanted to say at all. 

"What is this?!" Serena began to continuously change personalities, her eyes changing to a red colour each time the other Serena spoke.

"You don't remember me? What a shame" red-eyed Serena frowned at herself in the mirror and then slapped herself.

"I'm only dreaming," she said as she slapped herself. 

"One year ago and a little more after that, I was born inside of you, Serena" the red-eyes Serena could see stared hard at herself in the mirror.