“I honestly haven’t dealt with or really know what happens or what will happen with a woman who is with child, so have you… felt anything yet?” He asks. His cheeks blush and I laugh. “What, my dear, do you find so amusing?”

 “I have never seen you be embarrassed about something!” I laugh again.

 “Oh I have been embarrassed before! With you, to be quite truth full. So, have you?” He asked again.

 “No, it is too early. And, good thing for my part, I have been with my mother during every baby. So I know what to expect. Except the part of being with Mother when she was in labor… I don’t know what to expect for that part.” I say. Felix laughs.

  Felix looks at my stomach and with his hand makes small circular movements. “Will you tell me when you feel anything?” He asks.

 “Yes. Why are you so worried about that?” I ask.

 “I'm not worried about it. I just want to know when you do. I want to be able to feel it myself to know for sure it is there.” He says.

 “Oh, believe me; I will be able to tell you it is there. One thing for sure, I will get really big.” Felix and I laugh.

 Felix gets up and embraces me in a warm hug. His face rests on my shoulder and I feel his breaths go through my clothes and warm my skin. I get chills and the little bumps rise on my arms.

 “Are you happy?” I ask.

 Felix pulls back keeping his arms around me and says, “Yes. But more importantly, are you?”

 “Yes. I am completely happy. And I am so excited about moving into our home!” I say.

 “So am I. I love Gregorio and Fran, I really do, but I love you more and I haven’t had enough time of just me and you lately. It has been almost three weeks since I saw you last!” He says. We laugh.

 “Yes, Fran, we promise to come to your party.” Felix says.

 “Alright then; and you, my dear Evelyn, stay pretty in your new outfits we bought. Felix, does your wife not look lovely in her new outfit?” Fran asks. I laugh and look down at my dress. The royal blue and grey does look nice, I will admit that.

 “Yes she looks very nice.” Felix says. Fran takes her fan and snaps at Felix's shoulder. “What was that for?” He asks.

 “She looks nice, yes? Oh, dear Evelyn, are men always going to be so clueless?” She asks. I laugh.

 “Who knows?”

 “Now Evelyn, you will have to visit soon and help me plan for the party. Oh, and you will have to write me about your baby. And if you have any problems or questions you feel free to write. Or if you prefer this, you may come and visit for a few hours or a day or two, yes? And, my dear, the day you give birth, I want to be there at your side.” She says.

 At that, my heart flips. How could I have not noticed something weird? When mother would give birth, she had a ‘special’ doctor come visit. What happens, or more likely, what will happen? I will have to speak to Felix about this. Suddenly, Felix puts his arm around my waist and pulls me close.

 “Fran, we have to let them leave sometime. The workers have packed up their carriage and are done. You know Fran, the sooner they go, the sooner they can come back.” Gregorio says.

 Felix laughs, but Fran just says, “Oh, shush up Gregorio.”

 Felix, Lynette and I say our goodbyes and finally get inside the carriage. When we are seated, the driver pulls away from Gregorio and Francesca's estate. Lynette sits propped up on the other side of the carriage as I sit next to Felix; one of his arms holds me close to him and his other arm surrounds me as his hand rests on my abdomen.