CHAPTER TWENTY

Make me smile by tapping the star at the bottom of your screen to vote for my chapter. Thanks in advance!

**Selina**

After speaking to Bilal, I rushed out of my room and down the stairs.

"Heading out again?" Mom asked when I was almost at the door.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be right back...I forgot something." I lied to her as I rushed out.

I trotted to the woods and followed the stream to the bridge. Bilal was already waiting on his bike when I got there. He played with a spare helmet in his hands and stopped when he saw me approaching.

"Here, put this on." He said as he handed the helmet to me. "Which hospital did she mention?"

"I think she said the teaching hospital." I said as I put on the helmet.

"Lets hurry then or we might not be allowed in." He started the bike and I hopped on before he sped off.

Instead of the normal route I was expecting Bilal to use, he instead used the streets in the surrounding neighbourhoods and in no time, we were entering the premises of the hospital. He found a spot to park and we rushed in.

When we got to the waiting room, I dialed Ed's number again and his mom answered again.

"Hello." She spoke as soon as she answered.

"Hello." I looked around and spotted a lady close to one of the hallways, looking anxious with a phone pressed to her ear.

I hung up and walked to her with Bilal following beside me.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Selina. Please how's Edward doing?" I looked at her worried face and felt pitty for her.

"Edward?" She raised her brows questioningly.

"You're not Ed's mom?"

"Umm...no, sorr..."

"I am." A lady at the reception turned to us, cutting Ms. Anxious off. "You must be Selina huh?"

"Yes ma'am and this is Bilal." I introduced. "How's Ed?"

"Oh dear, I think his attack got really serious this time." She rested back on the reception counter looking very worried.

"Attack?" I asked.

"Yeah. The asthma...you didn't know?"

"Ed is asthmatic?" I opened my eyes wide. "God, I never knew! He never mentioned."

"Probably because its been kinda long since he had an attack." She said and nodded.

We stood quietly, the only noise coming from other people's whispers, footsteps and beeps of computers.

"When he got home this evening, he was angry at something he refused to talk about and suddenly it just happened. Do you know if something happened to him in school today?"

"I arrh...I..." Fahima definitely got him pissed but I couldn't mention that to his mom not only because Fahima's my friend but then Ed did not also tell her.