CHAPTER THREE

**Selina**

I kept wondering where that sweet sound was coming from as I wondered in the woods. Running on the dry leaves and stumbling on weak roots of trees. I kept running and gasping for breath. I felt like I was trying to reach the slowly closing gates of paradise.

Then finally I saw him. He was there, sitting on a large rock with his back facing me. He played a slow sweet song which carried a lot of emotions I couldn't make out. I walked closer and when I reached him, there was something pulling me back. I stretched my hands to touch his dark skin and couldn't make it. He stopped playing and turned to me. Everything was blurred but his smile was very conspicuous. I struggled with the pulling force but failed so I just collapsed into its thousands of imaginary hands looking at his disappearing face.

I quickly sat up in bed and I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the light. I pushed the sheets off of me and stepped out of bed.

"It was justta dream." I whispered to myself as I walked to the window. I pushed the blinds and looked at the beautiful woods through the window. I could see the stream I was not able to reach yesterday. It looked peaceful and the perfect place I could use my leisure time.

"Seliinaaa..." Mom called from downstairs. "Past time for breakfast. Remember we're going out today."

I sulked and glanced at the clock on my nightstand. The blinking green light said nine-thirty-seven. I slowly walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and went downstairs for breakfast in my PJ's.

"Isn't the floor cold for you. Put on those." Mom pointed at a new pair of slippers.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked and sat on the dinning chair in the kitchen.

"Just an oatmeal and pancakes. You okay with that?" She asked as she pressed the buttons of the microwave.

"Yyaaayy...I love oats." I said in clear sarcasm.

"Hmmm." She shook her head and placed a tray before me. "We're going out with James today."

"The only thing you didn't add the first time you said it is his name." I smirked and stuffed a piece of pancake in my mouth.

"Oh really? I already told you?"

"Hmm. I never knew forgetfulness was also a symptom of menopause." I smirked at my bowl.

"Seliinaa!" She gasped. "That's so harsh. I'm still too young to get to that stage."

Duuuhhh...

I spent the rest of my breakfast time trying to upset mom by telling her how menopause can miraculously get you. She hated it but it was fun to me.

"Mom, I'm done." Marian said when I stood up to leave the kitchen. "I like the view outside your window."

"You entered my room?!" I glared at her.

"Your door was slightly open and I couldn't help it." She confessed.
"Just shut up!"

"Marian, do not sneak into rooms okay?" Mom said to her. "Its just like opening someone else's dairy without permission."

"I'm sorry Sel." She apologized.

"Its okay. Mom I'm going up to change."

I showered and put on a red shirt and a short blue jean skirt. I pulled my hair into a bun and matched the hair clip with my flats and shirt. I put my iPad into a leather bag and walked out.

James drove us to town. The roads were not so busy as they were in Accra. He parked at a filling station and we walked to Melcom shopping center. It was a huge and a little crowded. We bought a few stuff and left for the market. There were lots of people and so much noise.