CHAPTER NINE

Please make me smile by voting for this chapter. Thank you :)

This chapter is dedicated to my wonderful reader, voter and commenter @notimportant588 thanks a bunch for your love :)

**Bilal**

"Chelpang?" Mom called when I brushed past her in the sitting room.

I stopped throwing and catching the keys and turned on my heel to face her. "Na-am mom."

She tapped the spot on her right and gestured for me to come. I walked slowly around the couch with a confused look and squeezed the keys in my palm.

She put the TV on mute and sighed when I sat. "You're back."

"Uumm...yeah?" I nodded once.

"Alright," she smiled. "Soo...eerrh, your uncle called."

Again? "Oh, O-kkaay?" I turned to her.

Why does this feel weird?

"Yeah, he said he was going to travel to Kumasi tomorrow and that he's leaving the store in the hands of you..."

"And Abdul Hakeem," I finished. "You already told me." I chuckled.

"Oh really?"

"Uuhh yeah," I turned to mom and she looked kinda disquieted. "Is that all you wanted to say?"

"Yeah." She nodded quickly. "Goodnight son."

"Are you sure?" I asked and she forced a smile and nodded. "Alright night mom. Salaamu Alaiykum."

"Wa Alaiykum Salaam."

I stood up and walked quickly to Chenti's room.

"I'm coming!" She almost yelled when I intentionally knocked continuously.

"Sleeping beauty all set to sleep already huh?" I smirked at her when she opened the door.

"I knew it!" She said in a pressed tone. "Who else would be hitting on my door like this?"

"Just get out of the way and let me in before I push you."

"What do you want?" She opened the door wide and I stepped into her nice scented room. "Why are you even here? Aren't you supposed to be supplying each other with spit from two different spit gland company?"

"I bet you're worst than I thought." I sank into her couch. "That's what you always do with Hamid huh?"

"None of your business." She laughed.

I sat up and looked serious. "What's wrong with mom?"

"Why?" She wrinkled her forehead.

"I don't know--she was acting strange when I came back." I scratched my head. "Do you think she likes Sel?"

"Hmmm...I don't know what you saw and why you think she was strange but I think she likes Sel. Plus," she pointed her index finger at me. "she doesn't know she's your girlfriend--duh!"

"Humph! I will tell her at the right time."

"Great. So how did you get her to say yes? I almost forgot." She grinned.

I narrated the whole thing to her and we talked about other stuff.

"When's uncle coming back?" I stood up to leave.

"I think he's gonna be away for a week or two."

"Abdul and I are gonna be bosses for that long I guess." I wiggled my brows.