CHAPTER NINETEEN

Make me smile by tapping the star at the bottom of your screen to vote for this chapter. Thanks in advance.

**Bilal**

I stared at her and she did at me as she slowly walked towards the couch her mother sat on.

I never thought I would see her ever again...not even in my Wildest Dreams. She broke our intense gawk and looked down smiling. I shook my head and smiled back even though she was not looking.

"You three have met?" Mrs. Adnan's voice broke the awkward silence.

"I thought this was the point where you introduce yourselves and say 'nice to meet you' or its old fashioned now?" Mom commented making Mrs. Adnan and Balma chortle.

"You're welcome Balma, I'm Bilal." I said to her wearing a half smile.

When I mentioned my name, her smile quickly faded away leaving a confused expression which got me too confused.

"Bi-Bilal?" She stuttered weakly raising her finger at me.

"Uuhh...yeah?" I smile-frowned. "You...good?"

"Y-yeah," she quickly nodded. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled.

She smiled back and wrinkled her forehead when she saw something...or someone. I followed her gaze and saw what she was looking at.

Chenti had her hands folded on her chest with a serious frown and a glare. I got confused too when she stood without saying anything to Balma. So I nudged her and she cleared her face and pressed her lips into a line.

"Chenti?" Mom shook her out of wherever her mind had travelled to. "Aren't you gonna say hi?"

"Oh uuhh...hello Balma, you're welcome to the neighbourhood, I hope you enjoy your stay here, I'm Chenti." She said all in one breath and forced a smile.

"Thanks and nice to meet you too." She smiled and turned her attention to the TV.

"Uh, I'm going back to the kitchen to do the dishes." Chenti said to mom and she nodded. "Excuse me." She turned and left the sitting room. I knew something was up with Chenti and I had to find out once they were gone.

"Soo this is the last house we've come to." Mrs. Adnan said sitting up. "We'd just head home and do the rest of the work we have."

Mom nodded. "That'd be fine. I'd check on you later. You're welcome once again."

They stood up together and started walking towards the door. I sighed and turned to leave when I heard...

"Bilal," Mrs. Adnan called. I turned to face her. "Would you please do me a favor and show Balma around?"

"Uh..." I looked at my mom who gave me a small nod.

Wtf!

"Sure. See you at ten." I said and Balma smiled and nodded.

I waited for them to walk out before I turned to walk away too. When I pushed my door open I almost jumped back when I saw Chenti standing right in the middle of the room. She quickly turned to me with a disturbed expression.