PROLOGUE

**Selina**

"I need you to promise...promise to never stop loving me no matter what". He whispered into my ears as his warm breath fanned my ear lobe. I cupped his face in my palms and gently stroked his face. He looked deeply into my eyes.

"I can't stop loving you....I promise. Not even this whole distance shit is gonna change that. I'm gonna come back for you or you gonna come to me over there, I promise. You promise me that distance is never gonna pull us apart". I looked at his golden brown eyes and started to imagine how much I was going to miss them. Tears started to build up in my eyes and I quickly shut them when his fingers gently stroke my cheekbones.

I had cried ever since I overheard my parents' conversation about leaving. My father's project was done and his time was due.

"I promise you that I'm going to love you for as long as I live and nothing is going to change that", He paused and breathed deeply. "I'm going to miss those beautiful, no perfect green eyes though".

"Oh Bilal..."

He moved his bare muscular arms to my back and slowly pulled me closer to him. I continue to look into his eyes and an unknown magnetic force kept drawing our bodies closer. Finally, our lips met and kept moving in a rhythmical way. I moved my fingers into his short bushy hair and begged for more. His one hand explored my body whilst the other kept pulling me into him as the kiss deepened. Our breathing got tense and we withdrew from each other, his forehead on mine. Slowly breathing in and out, we calmed.

"I don't want you to go Lina. I don't know if I can ever live without you, I love you so much!". He suddenly said, his eyes gleaming in love and anger.

"Me either, I don't wanna leave you my love. I can't imagine life without you". I replied and tears run down my cheeks. He pulled me into a tight hug and rubbed my back gently.

We stayed that way for like forever until he pulled away to look at me.

"Baby?"

"Mmmm," I weakly raised my brows.

"You've not been sleeping," He examined me. "God! You even lost weight."

"Umm...I...I..." I couldn't find the right words to make him know what I am going through. More tears streamed down and he pulled me again. I placed my ear on his hard bare chest and sobbed. My tears running down the crack of his chest.

He scooped me up in his arms and carried me to one of the giant trees around. He sat me on a huge root and sat beside me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Wait," He raised his index finger when I raised my head.
"Got something for you."

"Huh?"

"I need you to close your eyes." I tried to argue but he put his palm over my mouth."Please?"

I nodded.

He rose up and stood behind me."Can you hold your hair up for me?"

I did and in some seconds, I felt something around my neck.
"There. You can open your eyes now." He sat beside me again.

I looked down at the African beads around my neck and looked at him speechless.

It was made in my two favorite colors; white and sea green. Round balls of beads skillfully linked with a thin elastic thread. The beads ranging from small to medium sizes. The middle part on my chest came down towards my cleavage...white-sea green-white. So beautiful and naturally African made.

"You like it?"

Like it? "Oh my...I love it Bil! Thanks." I raised my head to give him a peck but he quickly turned and my lips touched his instead.

"Urgh!" I groaned.

"I'm glad you do," He grinned.
He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest placing his chin on my head. He played with a strand of my hair and I drew circles on his triceps.

"Its juicy huh?" He shook his arm.

"Suit yourself!!" I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm.

"Oh c'mon...you look like you wanna bite it."

"Aaarrrhhh," I blushed. "You filthy minded freak!"

"Haha...just saying," He shrugged. "Keep doing it--the circles."

"You've had enough already."

"Naaww," He pouted when looked up at him. I giggled and put my head back.

"That's not working," I sung and laughed. His shoulders moved up and down as he also laughed silently.

"Maybe this might work."

Before I raised my head up to look at him, he poked my side with his finger and I jerked forward. He did it again and again holding me tight so I couldn't escape. I laughed hard trying to escape. When I finally jumped up, he stood up too and chased me around the tree.

"Come, come over here...ha-ha"

"No way!...you come and get me." I challenged still laughing and running.

He stopped and looked at me and when I turned, he rushed again. Looking back and running, I stumbled on a root and just before I reached the ground, I was in his arms.

My scared face turns into a grinning one then a slight smile as he gazed intently into my eyes.

"I'll always be there for you." He said and crushed his lips into mine.

His kisses tasted different almost all the time. My feet felt jelly, my blood cold and my body hot.

Gosh! Didn't even know that was possible.

He rolled me down resting half of his body on me, kissed me briefly and lay back flat on the dry leaves. I moved to put my head on his chest when he put his palms under his head.

He looked at the sky for a long time and i felt him smile briefly.

"Its beautiful isn't it? The sky." I asked when he kissed my hair and inhaled.

"Very." He sighed. "My life was like a star-less moon-less sky before I met you--very dark. And when you came, you came with light brighter than that of the moon and stars put together. You almost blinded me but the love glasses I wore were strong enough, translucent enough to absorb and not get me blind.

"You're the light of my night, the star of my sky. The love of my life."

"Hmmm..." I sighed and kissed his chest.

If I ever thought of my weaknesses, I think not being able to express my self well would have been on top of the list. I always wonder what I was doing in the debaters club back at school. No wonder I was just a common floor member--listen, laugh and clap.

With Bil, I feel whole, complete. I feel useless without him like blood is without a heart. He is and would always be my air, my most comfortable home, my only one and true love.

*****

Hello again.

Please make me smile by voting and sharing my story to keep me working hard for you. I'd be very very grateful if you do. You can also add to your library and reading list.

Next chapter will be out soon so stay glued to your notifications.

Stay blessed!