CHAPTER FIVE

**Selina**

I dashed into the house and three heads in the living room shot in my direction. I ignored them and stomped my way up the stairs to my room. I banged the door behind me and jumped into bed.

I am confused. A million thoughts running through my head buried in the sheets.

"Why are you crying?

"Did you allow yourself to fall for a stranger?....a guy you barely know?

"Are you that desperate for another jerk in your life? When you're almost always messed up at the end of every relationship you jump into?

"What attracted you to him?

"The looks?"

"Shut up!" I almost yelled at the voice in my head.

"The talent?"

"I said SHUT UP!!" I yelled this time and I could feel the smirk on my subconscious.

"Oh, the body huh? That hot body you badly wanted to..."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" I screamed at my subconscious and sat up in bed. I messed my hair up with my fingers as the tears run down.

"Selina?" Mom knocked on the door. "You okay?"

I tried to lower my sobs and ignored her question.

"Selina?" She repeated.

"I'm okay," I replied in a shaky tone. "I just wanna be alone."

"Are you sure? You don't sound..."

"Just leave me alone!" I snapped.

"Alright," She sighed. "I'm always free...if you want to talk."

I sighed and leaped out of bed. I put my palm on my forehead and paced the room back and forth.

"I'm not gonna cry again." Another version of my voice rung in my head, a confident but angry one.

"He's not worth it. I mean come ooon...you just met that douche!"

I wiped the tears off of my face, sighed and walked to the bathroom to have a shower.

It was tough trying to forget but with my headphones blasting in my ears, I did almost fifty percent of the work.

I walked out of my room when mom called for supper. At dinner, I got the weirdest gazes ever. My mom would occasionally raise her head and look at me in a kinda confused way and when our eyes meet, she quickly turns and digs into her food. Marian and dad mostly peeked at me with their heads bowed towards their food.

I had decided to act normal like nothing really happened. After dinner, I hummed and pushed my chair back to exit the room.

"Selina?" Mom called when I got to the entrance.

"Mmmmm?"

"You want to talk?"

"Abboouutt?" I pretended I didn't know what she was talking about.