CHAPTER ELEVEN

Hey, I hope you guys are doing great.

Please make me smile by tapping the star on your left to vote for my chapter.

This chapter is dedicated to @famouxx. Thanks a lot for your votes and comments dear, I really appreciate the love dear :)

**Selina**

The knock on my door made me jump. I quickly glanced through my room one more time to make sure everything was in place before going to open the door.

"We're home, duh!" Mom said and put her hand on her hip.

"You're welcome." I said flatly and shut the door behind me. Stand right in front of her, she searched my face for traces of any emotion but saw none.

If there were any emotion to show, it'd be of fear, phobia and fright...all intense. So I resolved to keeping my face blank and ignored the despute in my head.

"I was on my way out." I told her and walked past her.

"I thought you already did." Mom said and walked behind me.

I felt like shouting what that outing had cost me but that wasn't her fault. If anyone deserved to have their eardrums torn, it'd be Marian and Jeeda for convincing me to go.

"Yeah, again." I said simply and started down the stairs.

"Selina wait." She stopped me when I was halfway through. She sighed. "I know Ghana is a pretty difficult place for you but you can change that. The people you'd meet here won't be exactly like your friends back home, that's impossible but there are equally nice people here you can meet and have fun with, people who can make your stay here worthwhile."

She walked down to me and put her hand on my shoulder. I forced a smile and nodded.

"You can always talk to me if something's bothering you." She added.

I nodded again. "Thanks mom." Dad stopped at the base of the staircase when he saw us. "Welcome dad." I said in the cheerful voice I could master at the moment.

"Thanks...everything okay with you two." He motioned his head at us. "You looked like you were mourning."

Mom chuckled. "Everything's fine."

"I'm just going out for a while." I told them and walked away.

I half walked and half trotted to the woods. I felt insecure once I sat on the rock. The solitude didn't sit well with me. Fear rose in me when I felt like I was being watched. Movements in the grasses and trees made me jump.

I took out my phone and dialled Bilal and there was no answer. I dialled over and over again and it was still the same.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING

The words rang in my head and my breathing tensed.

Who could have done this?

What did the person mean by that?

Who could have gotten into my room?

These and several other questions run throug my mind and I racked my brain for answers all to no avail. I started to replay memories of the day starting from the note from mom. I paused and caught my breath when I got to the pool.