CHAPTER TWELVE

(A/N: Surprriisseee :D)

**Chenti**

"Fine!" I threw the napkin on the sink and  stormed out of the kitchen.

I shut the door behind me and slumped into my bed. This was the first time in forever since I had an argument with Chelpang and it was caused by none other than the bitchy Berla!

Berla had sworn to always be a pain in my ass. When she broke up with Bilal she wanted to land on Hamid which of course couldn't happen because we were together. They ended up in the same university and she thought that was just what she needed to get him but it still never worked for her. Trying all her possible best all to no avail, she settled on making my life a living hell. I couldn't tell Chelpang because I wanted to always handle my problems on my own...independently. I had a dark past with Berla, Chelpang had no idea and she's trying to stretch that darkness to the present.

Yes he's not a kid anymore and I should not meddle in his personal life but Chelpang is like a brother to me. Watching him make a mistake is something I can't handle, especially one that would hurt him. Berla was definitely up to something but he was refusing to see it. He's always looked at the good side of situations and paid no attention to the bad sides. I want to help him but he's totally cut me out.

I have to let him be. He has to make mistakes and decide whether he wants to learn from them or not.

I sat up and cleared my mind of all those thoughts before going out to have dinner. Before I got to the dining room, I heard Bilal conversing with his mom and the argument we had earlier rushed back again. I made a blank face before walking in.

I made sure not to make eye contact with him and I could feel his eyes on me all that while until he left.

"What's going on between you two?" Aunt Yasmeen asked. She wiped her mouth with a napkin and looked at me.

"Uuh..." I pretended I didn't know what she was talking about. "What?"

"You and Chelpang." She said simply. "I noticed how you looked when he was here."

"Oh uh...nothing." I shrugged and laughed dryly. "We're just playing a game, a very silly one. Its about who talks to whom first haha."

"A game?" I succeeded in confusing her judging from the look on her face.

"Yeah." I was enjoying this. "Its called who talks first. He was bragging earlier that I can't live without talking to him so we bet on that."

"Haha...you sure are winning the game 'cause his eyes were on you like he was pleading for you to talk to him."

"Haha."

"Don't play it for long though...you're his only talking mate here." She stood up to leave.

"Sure." I chuckled. "How was your session though? You kept long today."

"Yeah...it was boring and tiring. The patient wasn't in town but he insisted I wait for him."

"Oh okay. You must be tired then."

"Yes, very! I'm just going in to rest a bit then go to bed."

"Alright, night!" I said and returned to my food.

"Night."

After dinner, I went back to my room and locked my door just in case Bilal came. Berla could also want to enter though, you know...with all the awful things she's done to me, she could just want to end my life so everything would be just the way she wants it.