CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Please make me smile by touching the star to vote for my chapter. That would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

**Bilal**

What I had just seen had the power to break me apart but I wondered where I got the strength to still be together. I felt as though my heart has been ripped out of my chest and I was fighting for air to breath through the large vacant hole. The thumping in my chest was so loud in my ears it could deafen me. I could hear the strength with which I dragged in and out the little air I felt I had to breath.

And then I don't know how but I got home. Mom's car sat at its usual spot instead of the garage and I knew she was home early. I didn't want to be seen like this so I decided to use the back door which led to the one of the hallways and there, I could get to my room unnoticed. I scoured my pockets for the keys before I even got to the door. I unlocked and slowly walked towards my room to prevent being seen. I made the last turn and when my room came into view, I started walking faster. I pointed the key towards the keyhole and just then...

"Chelpang," I stopped, recognising the voice without turning. "I've been waiting for you."

I stood for a bit and sighed before turning to face her.

"How did it go?" She started walking towards me.

I did not reply to her question because I did not know what to say. She studied my face for a while and frowned.

"Uuhh...not too well I...guess?" She realised.

"Chenti, please...give me some time alone okay. I'm not in the mood right now, I need to think." I blurted out and walked to my door.

Before I shut my door, she stood there looking straight at me with a confused expression. I ignored her and went straight to my bed to try and sleep my head off.

In bed, I could not erase what I saw earlier. It kept replaying itself over and over again and I wondered if it was just me or my brain had decided to take her side. If I closed my eyes in an attempt to sleep, I saw everything vividly as if I had travelled back in time and it was happening over again. Opening my eyes seemed better but my head was threatening to explode with a medley of thoughts and images.

I put my palm over my forehead and it was slippery. Then I realised I had neither put on the fan nor had I opened the window. I was almost soaking in sweat so I decided to take a shower.

I threw my shirt carelessly towards the couch and struggled a bit with my skinny trouser before taking it off. I stepped into the bathroom in my boxer briefs and took it off before turning the knob of the faucet. I stood under the shower with one arm pressed against the wall and allowed the lukewarm water to flow down my body. After some minutes, I turned off the water and walked out with a towel around my waist to the regulator of the fan. After putting the fan on, I jumped into the bed hoping sleep would take over.

"I have feelings for her." He said calmly.

"Soo? That's not my problem. You should go tell her. Why are you telling me this?" I turned to leave and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Just so you back off!" He shot at me with an angry look. "I know you feel the same for her...its very obvious. But trust me, it would be better you stop yourself. I always get whatever I want and this would be no exception." He smirked wildly and swaggered to a white jeep in the parking lot. I stood there and watched him drive away.