"Do you think he'll be okay?" Fae asks as she watches Azusa's unconscious body in the medical bed, his body wired up to machines.

"The drugs will keep him asleep until the morning, so you can go home for today." Masaomi tells her.

"Are you sure?" Fae asks, wrapping her arms around herself.

"He should be fine." Masaomi smiles softly. Fae lifts her hand to her mouth, chewing on her nails.

"Should isn't is." Fae mutters bitterly. Masaomi chuckles lightly.

"It's nice to see you care." Masaomi pats her head. She blinks up at him owlishly. Then blushes.

"I-I'm sorry that wasn't meant to be out loud!" She waves her hands around as Masaomi continues to pat her head. She clears her throat awkwardly as she starts again. "How should I tell Baki?" Fae asks, staring up at Masaomi.

"Well, there'll be tests and hospitalisation will be unavoidable, but his condition is stable, so tell him not to worry too much."

"Okay." Fae nods, her eyes back on Azusa.

"Oh, we'll need to tell Natsume, too." Masaomi adds.

"I'll do it."

It can't be much different from telling someone their child/parent is dead.

"Thank you. You being here is a great help." Masaomi thanks.

"I'm only doing what a sibling should for their family." Fae eyes the various tubes. Masaomi watches her for a moment before staring back at Azusa with her and placing his hand on her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

||| Time Skip |||

Fae steps out the elevator and walks down into the living room.

At least he's not feeling any pain. That'd be hard for everyone if he was.

Fae tramps down the stairs. She stops at the bottom as she stares at Tsubaki. He's on the sofa leaning forwards, using his elbows to hold himself up.

"I'm back." Fae says softly. Tsubaki looks up at her.

"What about Azusa?"

"He'll be fine. His medicine will ware off tomorrow and I'm sure he'll be allowed visitors." Fae adds as she walks towards him.

"I see. You made the call to Natsume, too, right? He called out manager for me, too, and... I couldn't think at all... Hey, did you know?" Tsubaki asks, leaning back. "They say that siblings who are born together share one soul. No matter how many ways the body is split, there's just one soul, so you can supposedly tell what's going on with the other person when they're apart from you. I used to seriously have that feeling."

"Tsubaki. . ." Fae sighs.

"And yet. . . I don't feel anything right now. I don't sense Azusa. It's as if he's gone." Fae steps forward and crouches down in front of him, placing her hands on his knees.

"But Azoo is alright, he's in the hospital slowly getting better by each passing moment. When he's allowed visitors you can go and see him, and he'll be fine. . . And I'm sure when you see him, you'll find that connection again." Fae comforts. Tsubaki grabs his chest.

"It hurts. Right now, it hurts when you say kind things to me." Tsubaki's head drops in shame. "I was losing my cool about things like work and about you." Fae runs her hand through her hair.