Chapter 30

“So you’re leaving with everyone else down to Rochdale then?” Tariq asked when I sat down at the table in the dining room “Yup” I said and started eating my breakfast “I’ll miss ya while you’re gone” he said and put his hand over mine, I looked at him and smiled before kissing his hand then carrying on eating my breakfast. After finishing I ran back upstairs and grabbed my suitcase as the post came through the door “Post is here!” I shouted and came back into the dining room; I handed out everyone’s letter then went upstairs with Rhiannon to help her with her bag “Yo, yo, yo. I’m in!” Tariq said and wheeled himself over, I pulled my suitcase outside and put it with everyone else’s before turning to Tariq “The paracanoe world championships, I got a place on the team this coming term” Tariq said and I smiled at him “Aw wow well done babe” I said and I all but jumped into his lap and wrapped my arms around him “Dear Tariq, you is an epic athlete and we want a ledge like you on the team so for this reason we’re begging ya- Nah I’m only messin’” Tariq said and we all laughed “It’s not far off though, yo can’t believe it” Tariq said and high fived Rhiannon, Harley and Jade before hugging me tight and kissing my cheek. I smiled and got up off his lap, I went with the other’s and took my luggage into school, leaving it in my dad’s office while everyone else took there’s down to the storage cupboard.

Since it was the last day of term we had to spend as much time as we could finishing our course work so during the first two lesson’s which was technology, I sat and started finishing my art project not really listening to what was being said between Phoenix, Scout, Connor and Imogen until the two boys walked off “What’s going on?” I asked and they looked at me then Imogen sighed “Me and Connor are staying in the school house over the holidays to get Connor away from his mum, Phoenix was just giving us the code for the alarm” Imogen told me and I just nodded, carrying on with my work.

At the end of the double period I met Tariq outside then we went to the library since my dad had asked him to meet him there so he could show Tariq something “Aw that’s dead nice o’ ya sir, can I go spread the word?” Tariq asked when my dad showed him a poster for a celebration party for Tariq getting into the rowing club “Course” my dad said and me and Tariq quickly went out of the library and went to tell everyone about the party at lunch time. We were walking around a bit, me and Tariq but I stopped abruptly when I felt my phone vibrate “Wait” I shouted and pulled my phone out as Tariq wheeled himself back over, I quickly unlocked my phone then looked at the text which was from an unknown number You should of told Kyle about you losing the baby. Good thing he already knows now. I sorted you out a visiting date. Next Monday, 12 pm, be there! It read, I stared at my phone before looking up at Tariq “Kaitlin?” he asked but I turned around and ran off before he could say anything. I ignored Tariq’s shouts after me then walked into English when the bell went, I sat down next to Scout and smiled as if everything was okay which of course it now wasn’t. We were waiting for a few minutes before Miss Mulgrew came in and had Imogen read a sonnet from our poem books. After we’d finished in English I walked with Phoenix to Maths and sat next to him at the back What’s wrong? Was it something I said? Please don’t shut me out…xxxx I sighed after reading the text from Tariq then looked up at Chalky to make sure he wasn’t watching Nothing, I’m fine. It was just nothing with my sister, she’s I typed then thought for a moment had an asthma attack that’s all, no need to worry. I’ll see you at lunch, love you xxxx I texted him then shoved my phone in my pocket as I lay my head on the desk and closed my eyes trying to think of what to do about Kyle, whether or not I should go and see him. After Maths had finished I went with Phoenix to meet with Imogen and Connor then we started walking to the school house and eventually Scout caught up, “You can use Tariq’s room, he won’t be coming back so I’m sure he won’t mind” Scout said as we neared the house “And ya know do it in his bed” Phoenix said and I hit him “Oh wait might not wanna, Kaitlin and Tariq already beat you to it” Phoenix added and I glared at him as the other ewed “Oh shut up” I laughed and walked with them to the school house. “Me and Scout’ll keep look out” I said as we stood outside the drive, Scout nodded and we stood waiting as Phoenix, Connor and Imogen went up the drive and to the school house.