Chapter 29

“Oi, whoever’s in there would you kindly hurry up!” I shouted and started banging on the bathroom door again “Rhiannon if that’s you, I know there’s a lot but can you bloody wash quicker please Jesus Christ I have things to do” I shouted and carried on banging until the door suddenly opened and Rhiannon walked out, I laughed at her then walked into the bathroom to get showered. Once I’d finished in the bathroom I walked back into my room and got changed, did my hair and make-up then ran downstairs. “Mornin’” I said cheerfully and grabbed a plate of breakfast and sat down at a table with Tariq, Scout and Phoenix “Someone’s cheerful” Maggie laughed and I just nodded before starting on my food. Once I’d finished, I quickly helped Maggie wash up the pots then shoved my feet in my vans and went out with Tariq, Scout and Phoenix. “So are we doin’ ought this weekend?” Scout asked as we walked through the school gates and across the car park “Why would we be doing anything?” I asked, looking at her “Well ya know I thought we could go to the cinema, go see Paranormal activity 4? We can ask Imogen and Connor as well” she said, I looked at her then at Phoenix “Are you two dating again?” I asked, shocked that she hadn’t told me if they were “No, why?” she asked “Well you’ve invited two couples, surely it would be awkward for you and Phoenix? I just assumed you were-Never mind, yeah I’m up for it. Hey you two, wanna go see paranormal activity 4 over the weekend?” I asked and turned around to the boys, they looked at each other then nodded excitedly “Nice one” I said then dragged Scout inside going to find Imogen and Connor “Hey you two!” I shouted when I saw them walking down the corridor “Wanna come to the cinema on Saturday with me, Scout, Phoenix and Tariq?” I asked, smiling at the both. “Yeah sure” Imogen said and I walked away with her and Scout as Miss McFall walked towards us.

At the first bell, me, Scout and Imogen went into the library deciding against form and sat talking for the 15 minutes that form was until walking off to History together. Once we got into the classroom I sat down near the back with Scout, I’d only been in the classroom for about 2 minutes before Miss McFall was on my case as usual “Kaitlin I thought I told you, those shoes aren’t acceptable for school” she snapped at me, I looked up slowly “Oh well, you got a problem with me? Go to my dad see what I care” I said then turned my back on my teacher, talking to Scout. “Excuse me, Kaitlin” Miss McFall said and I turned back around “Apology accepted” I said and everyone laughed. “Cooler now” she shouted, I sighed and got up from my chair, “Didn’t wanna be in this shitty class anyway” I said and walked out, I walked down the corridor and barged the door open to the cooler, smiling when there was no teacher. I slumped down in a chair at the back of the class and put my head on the desk, closing my eyes.

“Come on Kaitlin, wakey wakey” I heard someone say and I lifted my head to see Miss Mulgrew standing at the front of the cooler “Come on, you need to do your English test” Miss Mulgrew said, I nodded and got up from the chair walking behind her back to my English classroom, once I’d got through the doors I took my normal seat next to Scout and got all my things out as Miss Mulgrew handed out the papers.

Once we’d finished the test paper, I walked outside with Scout and Jade and smiled when Scout started having a go at Rhiannon. “Right, Scout you will join us on our lunch time power walk” Miss McFall suddenly said “Eh? You can’t make me do that!” Scout protested “I think you’ll find I can” Miss McFall said and walked back inside, I looked at Scout and she turned back to Rhiannon. “Look what you made happen, chubster?” Scout snapped and pushed her before all three of us walked off. “Kaitlin!” I heard my dad’s voice behind me and spun around as he came over “My office now please” my dad said, I looked back at Scout then walked inside with my dad, I walked behind him up to his office and sat down in the seat opposite him. “Miss McFall has informed me that you’ve been cheeky to her this morning” my dad said and I rolled my eyes, sighing. “What so as soon as I do something bad all the teachers go running to daddy now do they?” I asked and sat back in my chair, annoyed. “What’s gotten into you lately, Kaitlin?” my dad said and sat forwards in his chair “You, caring more about your damn job than you do me!” I shouted at him then stormed out his office, I walked down the stairs and through the corridor, I walked straight past the classroom I was supposed to be in and went round the back of the school. I opened up my bag and pulled out a lighter and my packet of cigarettes before lighting one up and I started to smoke, I’d been out there for about 5 minutes when I heard someone’s voice “What the hell are ya doin’?!” I turned around to see Tariq wheeling himself towards me, he looked up and took the cigarette out my hand, he threw it on the floor and wheeled his chair over it to stub it. “Tariq, that were nearly finished anyway!” I whined and slid down the side of the wall. “Since when d’you smoke anyway?” he asked, facing me. I looked up at him and sighed “I’ve smoked for ages, Kyle got me in to it…” I admitted and looked down at my hands in my lap “Oh…Look, I want you to stop, Kait, please it can’t be doing anything for your Aspergillosis” he said, I looked up at him and pulled myself up off the ground “Why can’t everyone just shut up and leave me alone?! I don’t need people telling me what to do every waking minute!” I shouted and stormed off back into the building, I walked down the corridor and stormed into Chalky’s classroom slamming the door behind me. “Ah, nice of you to join us, Kaitlin” Mr Chalk said as I sat down next to Jade “Whatever” I snapped and started doing the work even though the bell went about 5 minutes later.

At the end of the lesson I walked out with Jade and went to the canteen to get some food “Have you been smoking? You stink of it!” Jade whispered to me as we sat down “What’s it to you?” I said to her and started my dinner as she sat quietly not eating anything “You need to eat, Jade” I said to her and she shook her head claiming not to be hungry ”It’s not good for the baby” I said and carried on eating “Why can’t everyone just shut up about the baby?!” Jade basically snapped, I looked at her and put my knife and fork down on the table “Jade I’ve been pregnant twice before, I know better than you do and if you want that baby to be healthy then eat” I said to her then got up from my chair, I grabbed my bag and walked out the canteen going to find Tariq. “Hey” I said when I walked over; he smiled at me and took my hand. “Please don’t smoke…” he said and I looked down, I sighed then walked round the back of Tariq’s wheelchair, I put my hands on the handles then wheeled him around to the back of the school. I pulled out my packet of fags and lighter, I dropped the packet on the floor and lit the box with the fire, I looked at Tariq and he smiled as we watched the fag’s burn to a crisp. I quickly put out the fire then smashed my lighter on the floor before going back inside and into the library with Tariq for the rest of lunch.

After lunch I had technology then art then went back to the school house with Scout and Rhiannon, she’d told me about her self harming and I sat with her and Scout as we talked about Rhiannon’s brother then Scout’s then I told them about mine.

There's only like 2 chapters left of this so enjoy it man, 4+ votes for next chapter and blah blah blah