Chapter 17

Can’t wait for tonight when we get to see our baby xxxx Kyle texted me, I smiled and quickly replied before pulling on my shirt and skirt and tie then running down stairs, “Right so Kyle’s coming home with you tonight then we’ll leave here about 4ish, okay?” dad said when I entered the kitchen, I nodded and grabbed the plate of toast that he’d made me and went into the living room. After eating that and playing on my Xbox for about 10 minutes I put on my converse and got into the car with dad. Once we got out the car, I ran over to Lauren and Josh and hugged them both “Whoa what’re you so happy about?” Lauren asked when I pulled away, I just smiled and shrugged “Dunno really, probably just got the right amount of sleep last night” I said and Lauren laughed, I walked with Lauren and Josh over to Finn but he pretty much just glared at me then ignored me. “How long are you gonna keep this up, Finn?” I said to him and stood in front of him so he couldn’t walk away and he had no choice but to look at me. “Until you leave the gang” Finn snapped at me, I just stared at him then looked back at Lauren, she got the message and walked away with Josh. “Look, Finn, it’s not that easy to just ‘leave a gang’ it was hard enough trying to get out of it at my old school. I don’t think you realise how sorry I am about what happened the other week. I know I should have stopped them but you don’t understand, if I’d tried to stop Mason he’d of come after me with that knife. Please Finn, I’m so sorry that this all happened” I said to him, he looked up at me and gently pushed back a strand of my hair then pulled me into a hug. “It’s okay, I’m sorry for being a complete and utter twat about it all. I should of thought about what was going on with you, I forgot and I’m sorry” Finn said, we stayed hugging for a few minutes then walked into school together. “Finn, now that we’ve made up can I tell you something? Something important that you can’t tell anyone else” I said to him, he looked at me and nodded before I took his hand and pulled him into the art room we were stood outside. “You have to promise me you won’t tell anyone…But I’m pregnant…” I told him and looked down at my hands; I finally looked up after a few seconds to see Finn just staring at me. “I won’t tell anyone” Finn said, I nodded then walked out the room, leaving Finn alone as I went to find Denzil and Scout and Phoenix.

After form me and Scout had double frees so we walked through the corridor to go and ask my dad something but stopped when we saw Tariq and Emily “Er, ge’ a room” I shouted to them and they pulled apart, Tariq looked at me and I smirked before linking my arm through Scout’s and going up to my dad’s office. “What can I do for you girls?” my dad asked when we walked through into his office, we looked at each other then at my dad “We have 2 frees, can we go into town?” I asked my dad, he looked up from his paperwork and sighed before pulling out his wallet “Knock yaselves out” he said and handed me 50 pounds. We thanked him and walked his office and down the corridor, “Hey, where’re you going?” I heard Kyle shout behind me and spun round, he walked over and I kissed him before telling him we were going into town. “Still the loved up couple then?” Scout asked as we walked up the drive arm in arm “Course” I said and we walked out the gate and ran to the bus stop as the bus came. Me and Scout went into Topshop and New Look and Primark but eventually ended up looking at baby clothes “What about this?” Scout asked holding up a white baby’s playsuit. We spent about 2 hours looking around and buying some baby clothes and clothes for ourselves before we went back to mine and left the things there.

“You get anything nice in town?” dad asked when we walked back through the doors, me and Scout looked at each other and smiled “Yeah, we ended up getting some baby clothes and that” I told him, I watched my dad laugh before me and Scout went off to get something to eat from the canteen. “You ready for your exam later?” Scout asked as we sat down with our food, I looked at her then nodded “I’m not” Scout muttered, I sighed and pulled out my English textbook “Knock ya self out” I said and handed her the book “Aw thanks, Kait” Scout said and started looking through the book while eating. “Have either of you seen Josh?” Mr Clarkson suddenly came over, I looked up at him and shook my head as did Scout. Once we’d finished eating we walked out together and went into an empty classroom so we could revise some more, we’d been revising for about 15 minutes when Sian came in “Kaitlin could I borrow you please?” she asked, I nodded and got up leaving Scout to revise alone “I need you to stay with Finn for a bit, he’s just found out that Trudi was pregnant but she’s had a miscarriage” Sian explained, I put my hand to my mouth and walked with her back to her office. I walked in and saw Finn crying sitting alone, “Oh Finn” I said and ran over to him, holding him close and almost rocking him out of comfort. “Come on, let’s go and see Janeece off” I said to Finn, I got up from my chair and pulled him up from his before linking my arm in his and walked out the office and outside. “SURPRISE” we all screamed and jumped out from behind the pink limo when Janeece came out “Hey, stick around won’t ya, party here after school” she shouted as she got in the car, we all cheered again and waved her off as she was driven away.

“Okay, you have 2 hours you may turn over the paper” my dad said and we all turned over the English paper and started. We’d been in there for about an hour and a half when it happened; Josh started talking then ended up getting down on the floor. “Oh my god” I said and stood up, I looked at my dad then over at Josh as Mr Clarkson, my dad and Miss Boston went over to him. “Right everyone back to your papers” My dad said and he walked out with Josh, Tom and Miss Boston, I looked over at Finn then sat back down in my chair. As soon as the 2 hours were up, we all left our papers and ran outside to where Josh was being taken away in an ambulance, I ran over to Lauren and Finn and we all just hugged each other as he was taken away. As soon as Josh had been taken away, the bell went for the end of the day and I just stood where I was waiting for Kyle “What happened?!” he asked when he ran out to see the ambulance, I turned to him and burst into tears, I felt his arms around me and I told him what had happened. “Come on you two” my dad said, he put his hand on my back and walked us to the car.

Kyle held my hand while they put the gel on my stomach again; he smiled up at the monitor as the fussy picture came up of our baby. I looked at him then my dad before I started crying again when I saw the picture. “Now, we can’t tell yet what the sex is but the next scan that you have we’ll be able to tell you” the nurse told me, I looked at her smiling before she removed the machine from my belly and went to get the ultrasound picture. “Let’s see it then” Scout said when me and Kyle walked into the school hall for Janeece’s party; I looked at Kyle and smiled before pulling the ultrasound out and showing it to Scout. I looked up as Lauren came over “You’re not are you?” Lauren said, I just smiled and nodded before she hugged me tight and congratulated me and Kyle “Aw, do you know what it is yet?” Lauren asked and looked over Scout’s shoulder at the ultrasound “No, next scan” I told her. “Aw congrats babe” Lauren said and hugged me tight.  I took the ultrasound back and started to enjoy the party with Kyle, I even managed to pull him onto the dance floor when Janeece had her “first dance” but after about an hour there, Kyle told me he had to go and he did. “Aye, Denz, come ‘ere” I shouted to him and he ran over and danced with me instead. 

Sorry this is so short but 3+ votes for next chapter:)