Chapter 14

It had been 2 weeks now since me and Kyle had had sex and I was starting to panic a little, I was late and I was normally always on time only ever a couple of days over so this wasn’t right, I’d been due a week ago now. It was Monday again and I’d decided to come into school with dad early so I could do some coursework for Science. I’d been working for about 2 hours now and didn’t even look up when people came into the common room, after about another 20 minutes the fire alarms suddenly went off and everyone in the common room slowly vacated outside, I didn’t move a muscle just guessing it was a drill. Another 15 minutes slowly went by and I still hadn’t finished my coursework when I heard someone speak behind me “Kaitlin? I didn’t see you outside?” I heard my dad’s voice but didn’t turn around, I didn’t answer just kept typing my coursework “Kaitlin” my dad raised his voice a little and sat down on the desk next to the computer I was at, I pulled me eyes away from the screen and looked at my dad “Thought it was a drill so didn’t bother” I said and went back to my work, I heard my dad sigh but didn’t look away again “What’s wrong, Kaitlin? You’ve been acting off all week” my dad said and I heard the scraping of a chair against the floor being pulled forwards and kept my eyes glued to the screen “Nothing, I’m just tired and been feeling a little ill” I said, I finally looked away from the computer and at dad, I reached out and grabbed his hand smiling at him “I’m fine, don’t worry” I said and saved my coursework then walked out the common room.

I walked down the corridor and eventually walked into Mr Clarkson’s classroom “Sorry sir, I had to talk to my dad” Tom nodded and I turned to the class, I looked around and saw that every space was taken apart from one next to Denzil; I groaned and sat down next to him. After Mr Clarkson had explained to us what we were doing and set us up on the work, Denzil turned to me “Look, I’m sorry about the other week” Denzil said, it was the first time we’d spoken since the whole thing happened, I wanted to forgive him for it but at the same time I didn’t. “Just leave it, Denzil, I’m not in the mood today” I said to him and started doing my work, holding my belly as I started getting cramps and pains. After English had finished I all but shot out the door then regretted it as I fell back against the wall “Whoa, Kaitlin babe you okay?” I heard Kyle voice and his arms wrapped around me, I put my hands on his arm and pulled myself up. “I need to talk to you” I said to him weakly and walked into the music classroom that was behind us “What’s wrong?” Kyle asked after he’d sat down next to me, I ran my hand through my hair and took a deep breath. “I’m late…” I admitted to him and started playing with my hands in my lap, I didn’t look up at him, I didn’t want to see his reaction. “Hav-Have you taken a test?” Kyle asked and I just shook my head no, I only then looked up at Kyle but started crying “Right, I’ve got a free next so why don’t we go down to the chemist and get a test? And listen to me baby, I know I wasn’t there for you last time but I promise, I’ll help and support you no matter what this time” Kyle said, he put his hand on the back of my head and kissed my forehead before he took my hand and we walked out the classroom and out the car park.

We walked through the estate shops until we came to the chemist “What do we do if it’s positive, Kyle? My dad’ll go mad” I said to him outside, I looked at him and started crying again “Hey, it’ll be okay” Kyle said and pulled me into his chest, he kissed the top of my head then wiped the tears away from my eyes as we walked in. “I’ll pay” Kyle said and got his wallet out as I picked up a test, I gave it to the woman behind the counter then walked out once Kyle had paid. By the time we got back onto school grounds it was lunch time so I went to the toilet, I dropped my bag to the floor and did the test. It felt like an eternity waiting for the time to come when I could look at it but eventually five minutes passed and I slowly turned the test over, I covered my mouth and started crying when I saw it. A double line. After just sitting and crying for about 10 minutes I finally pulled myself together and walked out the toilet, the test still in my hand, Kyle was waiting outside and looked up when I came out. I passed him the test and he looked at me in shock before pulling me into his chest, I breathed out and started sobbing quietly into his shirt. “Just act normal for now okay, I’ll sort this” Kyle said and kissed my head again

I didn’t go for anything to eat, I felt sick and couldn’t do anything but just sit on a sofa in the common room and think, I felt numb and I couldn’t piece together what was happening, I’d vowed not to make a stupid mistake like I had done with Ashleigh and I’d already broken that vow. I looked up when the door opened and watched Lauren walk in “You alright babe?” Lauren asked and plunked herself down next to me, I smiled and nodded before she went off on a long rant about some guy she’d met who’d been leading her on, I wasn’t listening at all, just thinking about what me and Kyle were going to do. When the bell went for the end of lunch I went straight to Maths and just sat there doing nothing, I didn’t do the work, I wasn’t listening to anything anyone was saying, I was about to be sent to the cooler when the fire alarm went off, I looked at Scout and just walked out the room going down the corridor and out the fire exit onto the playground. I was the first one in the line we were supposed to be in and Chalky wasn’t even there yet, I looked across and saw Kyle standing with 2 other people and Miss Boston, he smiled at me but I just looked away as the rest of my class came outside. After my dad spoke to us all we went back to Maths and I just did the work in silence then went to my literature class on my own, I walked in to see Miss Boston already there, I didn’t got to my normal seat I sat at the desk on my own at the back.

When the last bell went, I walked out the classroom and away from everyone else “Hey, Kaitlin, you wanna go out tonight?” Scout asked and stood in front of me “No” I said and shoved past her, I walked out the front doors and up the drive way. As I was walking when my phone vibrated in my blazer pocket and I pulled it out to see Kyle’s name flashing How come you didn’t wait for me? Xxxx it read, I sighed then pulled the battery out my phone putting it back in my pocket. I walked along the pavement slowly, holding my stomach as I went since I’d started getting stomach cramps and pains again, I got to the top of my street and I was already short of breath from walking, I leant against my neighbours wall and started breathing heavily before I slowly walked up the path to my house. I unlocked the door and nearly fell through it before picking myself up again and going up to bed. When I woke up again I heard the TV on downstairs but I didn’t go down, I knew if I did go down then my dad would make me eat and I couldn’t. I just couldn’t eat anything.

Woohoo for you, double whammy cause ya got two yay bye