Chapter 5

I opened my eyes and looked around a little bit, not recognising the room at all, there weren’t any of my posters on the wall, they were of Rihanna and models which confused me even more. I turned over in bed and my eyes widened when I saw Kyle’s sleeping face in front of me “Shit” I said and sat bolt upright, it was only when I felt the breeze hit my skin then I looked down to see I had no clothes on. I quickly looked around and pulled on my bra and leant over to grab my phone. It was 6 o’clock in the morning, “Kyle. Kyle. Kyle wake up!”

 I said and shook his shoulders, he stirred a little until his eyes opened and he smiled “Morning baby” he said and sat up, kissing me. I pushed him off a little and properly checked my phone “Oh for fuck sake!” I said and put my hand to my forehead “What’s wrong?” Kyle asked, putting his hand on my back, I showed him my phone and he bit his lip when he saw the 5 miscalls from my dad. I quickly jumped out of bed and picked my uniform up off the floor, I put them on the bed before opening Kyle’s wardrobe. “What’re you doing?” he asked from the bed, laughing a little “I’m borrowing a pair of your joggy bottoms” I said and pulled out a pair, waving them in his face, “But you ain’t got no pants on?!” he asked stunned, I looked at him and pulled them up over my legs “You’ll live” I said and walked out his room with my uniform in his joggy bottoms and my bra. I walked into the kitchen and quickly put the washing machine on, chucking my uniform inside before opening the cupboards and looking for some breakfast. Kyle came into the kitchen and wrapped his cold hands round my waist “Maybe I should call me dad” I said and bit my lip as I poured myself some cereal then grabbed another bowl and did Kyle some. “No don’t, just say you stayed over at Emily’s last night and call her to meet you so it looks believable” Kyle said, I looked up at him and smiled before kissing him quick and handing him the bowl.

“Morning” Emily said as I opened the door to her, I smiled before inviting her inside Kyle’s flat. “When’s ya mum home?” I asked Kyle as I grabbed my bag “Dunno, weekend probably, you can come round again tonight if you want?” Kyle said and winked at me; I raised my eyebrow and laughed “Oh yes and my dad wouldn’t get suspicious at all at me spending another night at Emily’s would he? Nah, I’ll see you at school babe” I said and kissed him before walking out with Emily. “So how was it last night?” Emily asked as we walked down the stairs from Kyle’s flat and through his estate “Fine. Great. Amazing. Perfect. Ahh, everything I just, he’s so sweet and kind” I said ecstatically as we walked through the estate and down the pavement to school. “Well glad you had fun, babes” Emily said and she linked arms with me as we walked through the school gates.

I quickly left Emily with Denzil and went up the stairs to dad’s office, I was waiting outside the door to reception when I saw my dad walking up the stairs, he hadn’t seen me yet and my smile faltered when I saw Linda with him. “Oh hello, handsome” she said as she saw him causing me to stand up a little so I could hear what she was saying “Last time I saw you, you were wearing considerably less” she added and I sort of just stopped in my tracks. “You’re joking” I said causing both my dad and Linda to jump round to face me, “Kaitlin! Where were you last night?!” he snapped, walking over to me. “Maybe I could ask you the same question!” I snapped back, my eyes glanced to Linda and I gave her a dark look before I shoved past my dad and stormed off down the stairs, ignoring the shouts from dad. “Hey, Kaitlin, what’s up?” I heard a voice behind me and turned round to see Tariq; I relaxed a little and smiled. “I’ve just found out that my dad was round at Miss Radleigh’s house last night” I groaned and leant back against the lockers behind me “No, no way?! Your old man and Miss Radleigh?!” Tariq asked, shock in his voice “Yes but you can’t tell anyone okay?” I said and stepped forwards pointing my finger at him. He looked at me then mimicked zipping his mouth and I smiled then hugged him tight in thanks before walking to registration with him. As soon as the bell went, I left Tariq and walked into form and took my seat next to Denzil “You’ll never guess who my dad was with last night” I whispered to him as form started, he looked at me in confusion indicating to continue “Miss Radleigh, I heard them talking about it while I were waiting to see ‘im” I said, he looked at me in shock then smirked “You’re joking me?!” he said through laughter “Nope” I said then we looked forwards again when Mr Clarkson told us to shut up.