Chapter 18

“Hey Madi!” I shouted as I ran into school, she turned around and ran over and hugged her tight “Ooh, happy birthday babe” I said, still hugging her before I pulled out her present and placed it in her hands. I watched as her face brightened up when she opened it “What’s she got you, Madi?” Sian asked coming over, Madi showed Sian the Pandora bracelet “God, Kaitlin, how much was that?!” Sian asked as Madi put the bracelet in her bag, I just smiled “I got a Saturday job the other month, get 100 pounds a week to work in a café” I told her, Sian raised an eyebrow and I helped her and Zack to take some things inside. After helping Miss Diamond I went off to see Kyle “Hey here she comes, mother of a soon to be beauty” Kyle said and picked me up when I walked over, I screamed a little and wrapped my legs around him kissing him. I stood there listening as Kyle and Tariq spoke about Eugene then walked off as they started speaking to Harley about selling some illegal vodka shots. “Hey good luck Mads” I said to her as I walked past the hall “Thanks, Kait, when’s your art exam?” she asked and I stopped to talk to her “Tomorrow afternoon” I said, I hugged her and walked away to form when Miss Boston came out and sent them all inside. After form I had my last art lesson before the exam tomorrow, it was a double so we started finishing up on coursework then I went out with Scout for break. “You don’t need to worry about that art exam, you’ll ace it no problem” Scout said, I smiled at her then walked outside and sat under a tree with her watching the boys play football. “Aye up” Scout said and I looked over to see Finn going up to Tariq, I sighed and got up from the ground going over. I only caught a bit about what Finn said but it was enough “You’ve joined Eugene’s gang?” I asked and put my hand in Kyle’s, he looked at me then over at Finn “Yeah” he said and nodded his head, a smirk playing on his lips. I dropped Kyle’s hand as quick as I’d grabbed it and walked over to Finn “You little fucking hypocrite!” I shouted at Finn and pushed him down onto the ground “You were mouthin’ off to me about the DSC and you’ve gone and joined Eugene’s gang?! I knew he were desperate but I didn’t think he’d let a bastard like you join!” I shouted and kicked him in the stomach “OI KAITLIN!” I heard someone shout and saw Mr Diamond walking towards me, I looked at Kyle and he put his arm around my shoulders and we walked back inside ignoring Mr Diamond completely. Kyle walked with me to my English lesson then walked off to whatever lesson he had “Come sit ‘ere” Denzil said and I smiled before dumping my bag down and sitting next to him. “Erm, Scout told me” he said when I sat down, I turned to him confused “About you being” and he pointed to my stomach, I looked at him breathed out a little annoyed. “Scout! Oi Scout!” I whispered to her and she turned around, smiling “Couldn’t you keep ya big gob shut” I snapped at her and she turned around again, “Right, turn to act 4” Mr Clarkson said and we all pulled out our books of Of Mice and Men and started to read.

At the end of the lesson Scout stormed off with Phoenix and I went outside with Denzil, Shona and Rhona sitting at one of the benches. “Look you either wanna take me on a date or you’re selling something” Rhona suddenly said and I turned around to see Harley approaching us, I looked past him and saw Kyle and Tariq watching, I quickly grabbed my bag and got up going over to them both. “You can’t use Harley as a way to sell your vodka shots, Kyle, if my dad finds out he’ll punish Harley and that’s not fair on the poor lad” I said to them, Kyle looked at Tariq then at me “Look, baby, who would you rather be kicked out. Me your gorgeous and loving boyfriend or Harley who has no significance to your life what so ever” Kyle said and raised an eyebrow, I looked at him and sighed “Alright, alright” I said and walked over with Kyle and Tariq. “What are yours doin’? Tryna get us all caught out?! Don’t drink it till after hours” Kyle said and I smirked as they started coughing obviously not liking the taste of it. “Now, over there” Kyle said and pointed Harley over to a group of girls, “I want some cut for my silence on this” I said and turned to Kyle, he looked at me and laughed “I’ve taught you well, course ya can babe” Kyle said and kissed me hard. “Come on you, ya buying me lunch” I said to Kyle and dragged him into the canteen “Ya know baby, maybe you should come to mine after school and we can ya know let it get heated” Kyle whispered in my ear as he placed his hands on my waist “Get lost” I smirked and took the plate from Maggie and walked over to pay “Pay the nice lady, Kyle” I said to him and he did then kept his hands on my waist as we went to a table. “You do realise that you can’t have sex when I’m pregnant right?” I told him, he looked up and his mouth dropped open “Are you saying I have to go 9 months without sex” Kyle said, I looked around and slapped him lightly on the face “Keep it down, Kyle. No I was joking you idiot just not as much” I said more sternly and started eating my lunch.