Chapter 134

Emil knocked gently on the wooden hospital door, checking his phone to make sure it was the right door. "Come in" Arthur said quietly from inside. The teen pushed open the door slowly and peeked in. "I don't bite, come on in." Arthur smiled, patting the bed, "Did your brother say why I asked you to come?"

  "N-No." Emil muttered as he closed the door behind him. "I just wanted to ask about what happened. Did you bring her phone?" The Brit questioned. Emil remained standing and pulled your phone out of his pocket. "Sit down." Arthur smirked, patting the bed again. Emil slowly made his way over and sat on the foot of the bed, criss cross applesauce. "I've only been told what happened after (y/n) came over to Ralph, but nobody knows what happened before." The elder of the two continued, "Do you remember any of it?"

   "Y-Yeah." Emil said, getting a bit more comfortable on the edge of the bed, "I think she knew he was coming."

  "How?" Arthur said, a bit taken aback. "I dunno. But she got really on edge and stiff about twenty minutes before she sent us down the fire escape. Nobody's told me what happened after that..." Emil explained. "Why did she send you down the fire escape?" Arthur asked. "She heard the thumps outside the room, and Peter ran over to the window that showed the big office room and said it was a weird man with a mustache and a gun. And after Peter said he went into the other conference room (y/n) went all pale and told all the kids to go down the fire escape." Emil said. "Did you try to get her down too?" The Brit said. "I tried to stay behind with her, but she wouldn't let me. She said if Ralph was there he was there for her." The younger of them sighed, "And there was no point in putting anyone else in danger, so I went with Leon to help the kids down the ladder."

   Arthur sighed, looking to the window. "What happened after we all left?" Emil asked quietly. "Well, I fainted pretty quickly." Arthur chuckled, "Figures. Anyway, according to Matthew, (y/n) rolled out of the conference room on her noisy little scooter and talked to Ralph like he was a friend, or something."

  "What'd she say?" The teen urged. "She bickered a bit about Catherine, then when he asked where the other kids were, she apparently said she was the only child to show up. Then she, uh..."

   Emil just noticed the Brit's eyes watering. "Sir-" He began, but Arthur wiped his eyes. "No, you deserve to hear." He muttered, "She asked Ralph if, when he killed her, he'd leave and never bother anybody she knew again. He said yes, so she told him to get on with it and just shoot her. She said it really casually, Matthew said."

  Emil breathed in deeply. "They could hear the gun go off in the conference room. They thought she was a goner, but then she laughed and told Ralph he's gotta work on his aim. Ralph tried again, and it turns out that was his last bullet. So (y/n) started suggesting other ways he could end her life before the police showed up." Arthur finished. "But sir, if you just fainted, why are you here?" Emil questioned. "I don't remember this, but when Ralph was out of bullets, he apparently choked me and threw me down in an attempt to show (y/n) 'what it was like'. My spine is injured somehow. Wonder i'm able to sit up." Arthur said softly. Emil had a pained look on his face, and was about to open his mouth again when the door was thrown open.

  "Mister Kirkland, I have news!" A nurse said excitedly, then looked to Emil curiously. "Who's this?" She asked. "(y/n)'s boyfriend." Arthur said matter-of-factly, making Emil's ears turn pink. "Ohh, so this is him!" She smiled, "(y/n)'s talked a lot about you. Almost as much as Mister Kirkland."