Chapter 46

Your alarm on your phone beeped by your face, making you slap around until your hand found the device. It stopped as you sat up tiredly, the sleepiness fading when you realized what day it was.

  The first day of school.

  You rolled out of bed and scrambled to your feet as you ran to the bathroom to shower. Once you were all clean, you quickly dried yourself off and blow dried your (h/l) hair. Your clothes were laid out on top of your dresser and you quickly put them on. It was a simple (favorite band) tee with your favorite plaid leggings and converse. You looked yourself over in the mirror before you walked down the stairs to make breakfast.

  Arthur was downstairs at the stove when you reached the bottom of the stairs. "Good morning. You all ready?" He smiled. You nodded and smiled. "I packed a lunch for you, and breakfast is almost ready." Arthur continued as he turned back to the stove. "Oh, thanks." You replied as you took out your phone.

  Emil: Are you ready for hell to begin

You: Yes. Are we still meeting in the courtyard thing?

Emil: Yeah. I hope we have classes together because it'll suck if we don't

You: Yeah man

  "Do you have earbuds and stuff?" Arthur asked as he handed you a plate of eggs. "Yeah." You said, taking a bite of the breakfast. Your dad joined you at the table a moment later and smiled. "I just want you to know," He began, "That you don't have to get perfect grades or anything. Don't stress yourself out, okay? Just do your best."

   You nodded. "And please, make some friends." He smiled. "I'm wearing a (favorite band) shirt so I'll make some friends that way." You said as you checked you phone. "Crap, I gotta Zayn." You exclaimed, shoveling the last of the eggs in your mouth.  "Your lunch is on the counter." Arthur said as you put your plate in the sink. You nodded and grabbed your lunch on your way to the door, slinging your backpack over your shoulder and clutching the handle on your ukulele.

"Bye Dad!"

~~~~~~~~~

Your sneakers smacked against the sidewalk as you ran. School was only a few blocks away, so Arthur said you could walk if you wanted. You were about to round the corner when a familiar voice sounded behind you.

"(y/n)?" 

 You whipped around to find Emil standing about twenty feet away, a big smile on his face. "What are you doing here?" You grinned as he ran to you. "I live a couple blocks that way." He said, pointing down the street you lived on. "I live right there!" You said happily, pointing to the apartment complex you just left. "Wanna walk with me?" The male beamed, "We can walk home too!"

"Yeah!" You grinned.

~~~~~~~~~

  "Ladies and gentleman! Welcome to our lovely school!" The principle exclaimed through a microphone. All the incoming freshman had been put in the gym on the uncomfortable bleachers for the introduction to high school. You and Emil were smushed together by the crowd, your shoulders pressed together. "Let's start the day by standing up and getting the juices flowing!" The principle said as she made a gesture with her arm in an upward motion. Emil glanced at you with a horrified look on his face that you returned as the kids around you stood up enthusiastically.