Chapter 97

In case y'all want to know why reader calls Richard Richie Rich

its bc of this old comic

I have been informed the original Richie rich looks like a refined sealand without the eyebrows

  You sat up, the sun shining through the window near your bed. You could hear the door unlock downstairs and threw yourself out of bed to see who it was. "(y/n)!" Alfred grinned from the bottom of the stairs. You smiled sleepily from the top of the stairs and wandered down after him into the kitchen to make breakfast. "Are you excited for Arthur to come home today?" He asked from the table as you turned on the stove. "Yeah," You replied, opening the fridge. "Do you miss him?" Alfred smiled. "Yeah." You said as you cracked some eggs into a pan. 

~~~~~~~

Alfred: I asked her if she missed you and she said yes 

Arthur: awe

~~~~~~~~~

   "Here."  You said with a small yawn, setting down a plate of scrambled eggs and a glass of juice in front of your uncle. "Thanks." He smiled, beginning to eat. You opened the medicine cupboard and took out the last of the iron supplements. "What are you- that's a lot of pills..." Alfred said nervously as you dumped out the last of them into your hand. "It's only five." You said, swallowing all of them at once and chugging a glass of water. "Should you really take that many?" He said, putting down his fork. "I took less than yesterday, it's cool." You said, "Once Dad gets back I can have my actual medicine and I won't have to take so many."

  "Okay, then." He said cautiously. You scrubbed the pan in the sink and put it back on the stove once it was dry. "So what are you gonna do today?" Your uncle asked as you made yourself some eggs. "I dunno. Maybe i'll go to the park. What are you doing today?" You said as you scrambled the pre-chickens. "That sounds fun. I dunno what i'll do." Alfred said. You two ate in comfortable silence, him at the table and you leaning on the counter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Em, wake up!" Mathias whispered, smacking the younger brother in the face. The silver haired boy opened one eye and glared at the cheery male inches from his face. "What?" He muttered, smacking his brother's hand away. "We're going to the store!" Mathias said, "Get up!"

  "Why do I have to go?" Emil sighed. "Because we're stopping at a store that has jewelry. Tino filled me in." Mathias said with a wink. Emil's ears turned bright red and he sat up quickly. "That's the spirit! Get ready fast so we can pick out a good one!" The eldest of the two commanded, shutting the door behind him. Peter had gotten up a long time ago, so the teen had the room to himself. He dug through his closet for something to wear and pulled out his favorite pair of black skinny jeans and a blue flannel button-up. He quickly put them on and tied his blue converse before grabbing his black beanie off his floor and jamming it on his head (Have fun with this mental picture God bless)

   "Ready?" Tino asked once Emil had emerged from his room. The latter nodded and held his phone tightly in his hand as he followed the male to the car. Emil was surprised to see Berwald, Lukas, and Mathias waiting beside the vehicle. "You're coming too?" He sighed. "Of course! We gotta help you pick out only the best!" Mathias grinned, and Lukas and Berwald nodded. They all climbed into the car, Emil sitting on the hump in the backseat as he was the smallest. "Peter's at daycare, but they're closing early because it's Thanksgiving." Tino explained. Emil nodded and unlocked his phone to see a snap from you. It was a picture of your socks with the caption, "How's your thanksgiving?"

  "Pretty good." He wrote back, sending a photo of the road ahead of the car. "Did you change your bandages?" Your stairs asked. "Yes." His eyebrows and top of his head replied. 

  It didn't take long to arrive at the mall downtown, and once everyone was out of the car the teen jammed his phone into his pocket and followed Tino, who was skipping cheerily, inside. The shiny tiles of the brightly lit first floor nearly blinded him, but he let Tino and Berwald guide the group to one of the not-so-high-end jewelry stores. "How may I help you?" A friendly looking woman smiled politely from behind the counter. "Do you guys have promise rings?" Tino asked, pushing Emil ahead of him, "This guy needs one for his lady."

  "Oh? Well, isn't that the sweetest! Claire, come out here!" The lady grinned, calling to someone in the back room. Another lady with curly hair stuck her head out of the back door and looked to her coworker curiously. "What promise rings do we have?" The first lady, who's name tag read Evelyn, said with a nod to Emil. Claire's curious look turned to a cheeky grin and she said, "Oh, look what we have here!" as she leaned on the counter and looked at Emil, "What a sweetie!"

   The teens ears turned red, making the two ladies laugh. "Okay, let's see..." Claire said, crouching down and looking at the shelves in the display case. She pulled out a tray from the bottom and set it on the top of the case. "We don't have much." She said apologetically before disappearing into the back room. Emil looked at the rings curiously, Lukas and Mathias looking over his shoulders. Berwald had no problem seeing over the younger male. "Lemme see!" Tino whined, pushing past Mathias. "Ooh, this one's pretty..." He said, pointing to one in the front. "I like this one." Lukas said, pointing to another.

    "This one is my personal favorite." Evelyn said, picking up one from the middle row. It was silver, with a loose knot similar to a pretzel. "It doesn't look like much," She continued, setting down the ring and rummaging through a drawer on the other side of the display case, "But the box has this on it."

  She handed the open box to Emil, who inspected it. Above the slit where the ring is put, in silver lettering, were the words,"This ring symbolizes a knot that is not quite tied yet, but has all intentions of being tied. A promise ring."

  "Cute, right?" Evelyn said with a grin. "Oh, this is precious!" Tino said, picking up the knot ring and looking at it. Emil looked at the box for a moment more, then looked to Evelyn with a small smile as he asked "How much?"

 Back streets back alright

a happy birthday to SHJustReachedGodtier! And thank you to all who joined the stream! I'll post a photo of what the ring looks like next chapter so y'all can see. I would have done it for this one but spoilers lmao

anywhoosles finals suck and I'm tired so asta la pasta