Chapter 65

You sat on your bed, the white box on the blanket in front of you. "Hey." Arthur said as he poked his head in, "Are you almost ready to go? You're meeting with Emil, right?"

  You nodded and moved the box to the nightstand where it normally sat before sliding off your bed. "You still haven't opened it?" Your dad asked with a raised eyebrow. You shook your head as you walked past him to the stairs. "Text me when you get there please." He said as you slipped on your dress shoes. "Okay." You said quietly. Your dad put a hand on your shoulder as you opened the door. "I'm fine." You stated as you shook his shoulder off gently and left silently.

  Emil was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for you. "Did you have to wait long? I'm sorry." You said. He shook his head and took your hand in his. "Let's go." The teen said quietly, leading you down the sidewalk. You nodded and followed.

~~~~~~~~

    Francis pulled up to the sidewalk in front of Arthur's apartment, a small stack of papers in the passenger seat. He reached over to grab them as you walked down the stairs to where Arthur lived. The Frenchman looked up as you spoke with Emil momentarily before the latter took your hand and walked with you down the street. Francis sighed. You were in all black, Emil dressed the same. It was apparent even from where Francis sat that you had gotten awfully thin. Shaking his head, the blond grabbed the papers and climbed out of the car.

  Arthur opened the door with a small smile. "Hello." He said. "You left some paperwork that needed to be done. The boss was pissed, so I got them for you." Francis said, handing him the stack. Arthur took them and nodded. "Thanks." He said. "Oh, how's (y/n)?" Francis said suddenly, "I saw her and her friend leave for somewhere."

  "Oh, she's going to another funeral." Arthur said quietly. Francis frowned. "She looked really thin..." The Frenchman said. "Yeah, she wasn't eating anything for a while. She's getting better, though." Arthur replied, "You wanna come in for some coffee?"

  "Uh, okay." Francis smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~

    You and Emil walked away from the cemetery quietly. Tears were in your eyes, and Emil wasn't much better off. He looked to you and reached the hand not holding yours to wipe away on of your tears. "I'm fine." You sniffed. "Sure you are." He said as he squeezed your hand, "Have you eaten today?"

  "No." You said. Emil sighed and tugged your hand toward a cafe down the street. "Em, i'm fine." You stated, digging your heels in the ground. "No. You need to eat." He insisted, stomping a foot on the ground with a pout. "I'm fine." You muttered as you sighed and followed him. The teen led you to a table outside and pulled out a chair for you. "Thanks." You mumbled as he sat down across from you. "Get something to eat." He commanded.

  You ended up getting a small sandwich. Emil ordered a salad, and you both ate in comfortable silence. "How have your brother's been?" You asked. "They haven't left me alone since the thing." He laughed, "They worry a lot."

  "Awe, that's sweet." You smiled. "They care way too much." He sighed, "At least your dad leaves you alone for more than a second."