Little Pink Box

I could sense the discomfort in the room. It was thick in the atmosphere and my hand started to shake slightly, still holding onto the polished wood handle that lead to the top of the stairs. "You're kidding, right?" He asked and I sighed. I wish I was kidding.. The air only seemed to get thicker as I took deep breaths trying to calm myself down. My head started to spin and I felt like I was going to faint. I trudged down the half of the stairs that I had already climbed, walking back near Andy. My hands continued to shake as the thoughts crowded my head. I might be pregnant. It wasn't normal for me to miss my period, and when I did it wasn't for over two weeks. On top of that I had the morning sickness which usually came in around the four to six week point of pregnancy. I swallow hard and look up into his eyes. "Lets go." He said in a breathy- half sigh. I nod and follow him as he walks over to the white door, pushed against the far left wall, that leads to his garage.
As I walked my feet got heavier with each step. I could barley move and my finger tips fell asleep. I bite my lip as we walk to the car and run my tongue over the cut that began to bleed slightly on my lip from biting it so hard. I always bit my lips when I was stressed. He gets into the drivers side of the car and I walk around and get in the passengers side. The discomfort I had felt earlier was beginning to dissipate, but I could still feel it. My heart was beating hard, and I felt the vibrations of the car pulse through me as the engine roared to life. I took another deep breath through my mouth and and let it out through my nose, trying to calm myself down. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt something falling down my cheek. I wiped it away quickly and hoped that Andy hadn't seen it. I didn't need to look weak "It's okay." He said and slightly smiled at me. I couldn't smile back. It wasn't ok. It was anything but ok.
I sighed and stared out the window as he continued to drive towards who-knows- where. The highway that he was driving on was filled with other cars. Some teenagers, some middle aged adults, a few people with their arms rested on the side of their open windows.. Little kids playing the wave game with their hand when they put their arm out of the window.. A few people walking on the sides of the road. Everything looks so in place.. So right. Like it's supposed to be there.. Sometimes I wonder if I look like I belong here. . . I sigh and watch another teenager drive by. Why am I not the teenager that's driving down the road, not a care in the world? Why can't I just
be normal?
Andy pulls into the parking lot of the 7- Eleven that I was at before and parked in one of the front parking spots. "You wanna come in?" I nodded and took my seatbelt off, then got out of the car and walked into the store. Shit. It was the guy that I asked to borrow a dollar from the other day. I suck in a deep breath and bite my lip. I slowly release the breath through my teeth. He doesn't take any notice of me and I feel a wake of reliefe wash over me. "Andy?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I get something?"
"Sure." He says and I walk about two isles down and get a little box that has asprin in it, then walk over to the refrigerators and got a can of v8.. I swear to god if I'm pregnant and I crave tomato juice shit's gonna go down. I hate tomatoes. I go back over to andy and he takes the stuff and goes up to the counter. I flip through a couple magazines as he pays and then follow him out to the car when he walks out. Through the bag he's holding I can see a little pink box. I shrug it off. . . Whatever it is it can't be that important. I get into the passenger's side of the car again and close my door. I put my hands in my lap and leaned my head back against the seat. He sped home quickly and as soon as we got there he flew out of his door really fast I followed and half-ran into the living room to see what he was doing. He pulled out the box and shoved it into my hands. A pregnancy test. I sigh and take the box and walk into the bathroom. I laugh a little when I see that the window itself has been screwed shut. I take the little thermometer looking thing out of the box and follow all the instructions.
~
Positive. Shit. I take a deep breath and set the test on the side of the sink. I don't know why but I think if I stare at it long enough the results will change.
They have to change. I can't be pregnant. After a couple minutes of pacing back and forth in the bath room, looking at the results every few minutes I finally give up on hoping it'll change. "You done?" Andy asks, his voice clearly nervous and anticipating. I open the door and leave the test on the sink. He looks at me and walks into the bathroom and looks at it. "Fuck.." I hear him whisper and he walks out of the room. "I'm gonna go call the guys. We'll go find out who the dad is soon." New thoughts rushed into my head. WHat was going to happen to the baby? Would I be allowed to keep it? Would they make me abort it? I take in another deep breath and before I know it I'm openly sobbing. I don't even know why I'm crying. All I know is that I'm crying, and it's hard enough that my shoulders are racking with each sob as the tears run down my face. "It's ok, Ever. It's fine.. Just relax." Andy said, coming over and hugging me. I normally wouldn't let him this close to me but anything right now would be nice. Any kind of comfort.. I cry into his chest for a little bit before he picks me up and takes me to the couch. "Shhh.." He says, my face still burried in his chest. He strokes my hair gently and it helps calm me down a little bit. "I'm gonna go call the others. You just relax, okay?" I nod and he pulls away from me, then walks upstairs. I hear a door close and I bite my lip again. There's a nasty sore there from when I was biting my lips earlier, but I can't help myself. It's a stress habit. It took him an hour to talk to all the guys. Within that hour I got bored and turned the t.v. on, went into the kitchen and found something to drink.. Then got some popcorn. I don't know how I found all the stuff, because his kitchen is so different than mine was, and even more different than how Kellin's was orginized.. But I managed to do it. When he came out I was sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce on the couch, the popcorn bowl in my lap, a glass of orange juice in my hand, and the t.v. remote in my other hand. He laughed a little and I looked over at him. "You don't have any tomato juice."
"I know, because I hate tomatoes." "So do I."
"Then why does it matter if I have it or not?"
"Because I've been craving it." He sighs. "I'll get some later. We're going to the hospital though. The others are there waiting for us." He pulls something out of his pocket and tosses it to me. An ID with my picture and the name Ally Coma. I shrug. Coma must have been used so when we find out who's child it is it doesn't turn out to look like some huge incest scandal.

When we get to the hospital we sit in the waiting room that the receptionist pointed us to. After a few minutes the doctor finally called my name. I went back and he drew some blood from my arm, then drew some blood from my baby.. Which I didn't even know was possible.. It hurt like the mother of cotton candy too. It took about another hour for everyone else to get their blood tested and then a little while after that even. "Ally Coma" The doctor said and waved me back to his room again. I looked up at him with a look of curiosity.. Fear.. Adrenaline..
"Who's the father?" I asked, my voice shaky. I'm sure it made me sound like a complete whore, but I could care less what other people thought of me. I got called it when I was still a virgin, so why did it matter if people thought it when I actually was?