Familiar Faces

Damien? What are you doing here??" "Funny. I was just about to ask you the same thing." He said as he looked down at me. "So why are you here?"
"Take a guess"
"...no." I could tell he knew. Fear flashed over his whole face and it wasn't exactly reassuring. He had always been the type of person to protect me.. And seeing that look on his face made me feel even worse than I had before. "I-I thought you just ran away or something. How the hell did you end up with these guys?! And kellin? How did you get here? This is the worst place. Did he-"
"Just stop..."
"No. I need to know."
"Fine but you have to tell me why you're here first." He sighed.
"Okay... It's been about a year. I've been tangled up with these guys since I was fifteen. I just... I don't know. Remember the talent show, when I played my guitar for James? Well that was when Jake and I became friends, he said I had potential.. And anyone with potential like that should learn the ways of the road. And then I met Danny, and oli, and all the others and I just got into it. They told me if I ever tell anyone though, they'll kill me. That makes it a little difficult to leave. I mean, I don't really want to die.." I return his sigh. It was nice to have a familiar face, but a person I had known for so long that I was just being lied to? That didn't make me feel any better.
"Why did you keep this from me?"
"I had to."
"No you didn't. We were supposed to be able to tell each other everything!"
"And I did! We told each other everything but we both know we each have our own secrets, Ever. I know you do and now you know I do. Okay? That's all there is to it." "I told you everything, there wasn't anything I kept from you." "I don't believe that for a second."
"What? Why not? I thought we were be-" "Ever. Pick this up and leave Damien alone. I'm sure he doesn't want to associate with someone of your status" I sigh and start picking up the glass. He looks down at me with sympathy, but I could tell in that moment he wasn't Damien anymore. And if he was, he wasn't my Damien. Something happened to him when he came with these guys. Whatever it was wasn't right.
A piece of glass cut my finger and it started to bleed a little bit. "Ouch.." I mumble to myself and put it in my mouth. Ronnie Radke puts his arm around Damien. "She look interesting to you or something kid?"
"Yeah. A little."
"Well don't worry. We'll get you your own eventually. We just gotta wait till you're living on your own. Can't have your parents living up your throat while you have your own. Maybe when you're eighteen, kid."
"Yeah.." I feel tears prick at my eyes. Why were they corrupting him?! My best friend in the world, and this was all it took. One chance at fame and he was completely changed. And it wasn't for the good either.
~
The party ended, finally. It had taken forever it feels like. Damien was talking to kellin and once again his face flashed with anger. Apparently he was getting to learn that his 'friends' weren't as good as he thought they were. I kept cleaning up, doing what he said if I wanted to get out of what I was currently wearing. It was actually kind of funny, how he put it. "You get cold too much. I have the heat on 24/7 and you're still always cold. Clean up and maybe you'll earn yourself a sweater." His voice made it sound kind of funny, though. I find it hard to believe he can yell. When he does, don't get me wrong, it is scary. But just listening to how he talks makes it seem doubtful he could yell. Damien walks out of the house and kellin turns around and tosses me the sweater he said I could have.
"So. You and Damien got pretty close in the two minutes you talked, yeah?" Wait.. What all had he said to him?
"..no."
"Really? Because he's asking about trying to buy you." What? Why would he.. No! I couldn't let that happen. Yeah, maybe it would be nice.. But what would happen while the other bands were around. "Really? Why?" He shrugged.
"Not sure. He just said that he's looking into apartments and everything already... I mean, his band is going to be playing at warped next year on a side stage, so it's almost time he had a girl but.. I'm not sure why he is so keen on having you." Was he just talking to himself or something? It didn't feel right having him doing this.. Saying these types of things to me. It was like we were almost having a regular conversation. That was abnormal. I sigh again. What was Damien getting himself into..
"I don't know.." He rolled his eyes.
"Just finish cleaning. Despite the fact that you might get sold doesnt mean I'm not going to do my job." Wow. That was the most obvious thing he's ever said.