Reputation

So why do they do this?" I asked Damien who was still standing there. Why was he allowed to stay there? What did they think he was doing to me? He took a deep breath. I could tell he didn't want to say, but I couldn't help being curious. After seeing that party and all the girls who were there with their 'owners' made me wonder. Why did they do this? There had to be some kind of sick twisted reason that they took underage girls from their normal lives and throwing them into this. "Reputation." He said simply.
"What?"
"Bands kidnap girls for reputation. Standings.. Um.. Popularity.. Etc.." What?? It still made no sense. What did popularity have to do with being kidnapped?? "How does this reputation have anything to do with kidnapping people. Melody Jane was popular in school and I don't think she ever kidnapped anyone.." He half smiled. That was kind of funny and we both laughed a little. We both hated Melody Jane because she was a stuck up bitch. But now it didn't matter, well not to me anyway.
"No.. It's not like this at school. Just in between bands. It's a sort of... Contract... you might say. Only, if you break this contract it's not lawyers that will come for you, a rain of bullets will." He said it with a sad look. He was getting himself into this. Why hadn't he backed out when he had a chance? Did he really want to be famous that bad?
"What?! Why?!"
"Well, remember that BryanStarz interview with.. Kellin? I think it was sleeping with sirens I don't remember. But they all said they have 'black mail' on each other.. They had to think of a quick cover up for that. So now everyone thinks there are naked pictures of all of them on each others phones.."
"Oh..." I sighed. This was so much to take in.
"But don't worry. I'm trying to get you out of here. I promise." I nod. DAMIEN!!" Jake yells from the other room and he sighs.
"I gotta go. I love you ever." Saying I love you to each other wasn't weird anymore for us, because we had done it since we were like three and naked in a kiddy pool together.
"I love you too."
"Get some rest, see you later." He walked out and I closed my eyes again. I just then realized I'm still tired and it's really hard to stay awake.