Chap 25 - Betrayal

Jungkook's Pov

I shake my head as tears fill my eyes. Why are they here? Who called them? I have the feeling it was Jessica, but with the scared face she was wearing when she left the house, I don't think she would try and mess with Father.

"Child Services! Let him go, now!" Father's eyes go wide as he stands up. Two men tackle him while one comes over to me.

"Are you alright?" I nod and back away from him. Jimin is at my side in an instant. He wraps his arms around my shoulders as I see Father being pulled away. I glare at him and follow them outside and to a police car that was waiting.

"You are dead when I get out of prison, boy. Do you hear me? Dead!" I gulp.

"You are no father of mine. Pathetic excuse for a father is what you are. A despicable human being with no heart. You are no father of mine, Yuhyung, and you never will be again. I just hope they spare you mercy in court."

"I will get you! You, and your little boyfriend, too! When I get out, you are going to regret locking me up in the first place!" Yuhyung laughs like a madman as he is shoved into a car and taken away by the police.

I felt dizzy. I felt sick to my stomach. I felt sad. I felt happy. I felt angry.

I know I shouldn't be feeling this way. Whoever called practically saved my life; but they also ruined it. He was the only family that let me at least live under the same roof he did. My family hated me. I have nowhere to go at this point. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I jump and turn around to see Jimin.

"Jungkook? Are you okay?" He asks. I shake my head. I gasp.

"You called them... Didn't you?" Jimin stays silent. I glare at him.

"Why would you do that?!" I scream. He jumps back.

"I... I just- you were being abused Jungkook. I just wanted to help-"

"You helped nothing." I seethe. Jimin's eyebrows furrow.

"I thought you trust me! I told you not to call them. Why!?" I shouted.

"You said you were miserable with him. He said he would kill you, Jungkook-"

"I trusted you Jimin!"

"Jungkook-"

"Good riddance..."

"What do you mean by that?" He asks. I shrug.

"The world would be better off without me. You and I both know it," I laugh.

"Jungkook! Stop it!" Jimin covers his ears. I roll my eyes.

"You know it's true! The only reason you agreed to any of this is that you are a nosey little brat! The only reason you wanted to be friends with me is that you wanted to know what was going on at home, right?" He stays silent.

"Right?!" I ask again.

"Okay, maybe I was curious; but that wasn't the only reason I wanted to be your friend! I wanted to know who you were. Not what your life at home was. I care about, Jungkook, a lot. Trust me when I say that the only reason I called them was that I care about you! Can't you just understand that?" He yells. I step back. I pause.

"You care about me?" I ask.

"Yes, I do. That is the only reason I called them, Jungkook. It's because I care."

"I- I haven't felt what it feels like to be cared for in a long time."

"I bet you haven't, considering what he's done to you." My knees buckle and I fall to the floor. My shoulders shook from crying. Why was I even crying? I was frustrated, angry, sad, relieved, and happy all at once. What am I even supposed to be feeling right now?

Jimin stood there a I wrapped my arms around myself. Most of the students had come out of the auditorium and we're now crowding around Jimin and I. Blood was smeared all over my suit and hands. It was pouring out of my nose and mouth. Every time I spoke, it poured even more. I could barely breath because the blood was clogging up my throat, but I didn't care.

"He's abused?" A random student asked.

"That explains his rude behavior towards everyone," another student said. Soon enough, people were just saying random things.

"Abused freak, that's what he is."

"He's weird and cranky. He deserves it, anyway."

"I feel so sorry for him..."

"No wonder why he doesn't have a mother... She probably left." Yoongi and Taehyung both run over to me.

"Jungkook, are you-" I cut Taehyung off.

"Save it. I don't need pity form the both of you, too." I look up and glare at Jimin, who has a look of guilt across his face.