Chap 6 - Library

Jungkook's Pov

I sit at one of the many tables in the library. Detention got moved today. Instead of our science teacher's room like usual, we are sitting in the library working on assignments and reading. I'm pretty sure the reason we aren't having detention in the science room is that three students didn't mix something right and something blew up. I have no idea... That's what I heard. Jeez, stuff goes around this school fast. Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung all barge into the library. Their hair is all over the place and they have black all over their faces. Sort of like, ash, maybe?

"What happened to all of you?" I ask.

"Somebody," Yoongi and Jimin both turn and glare at Taehyung. "Mixed the chemicals wrong. So, we all now have detention."

"I didn't know you can't divide by zero! I'm not the best at math..." Taehyung defends.

"That's what we get for having him as our partner," Yoongi says.

"Hey!" Taehyung interjects. "I'm not that bad."

"Lucky for you two; I now have detention for two days..." Jimin sighs and sits down across from me.

"Are you regretting tearing up your homework?" I ask him with a baby-like voice. He glares at me in a playful manner before looking down, as if in shame, and mumbling a small "yes". I laugh out loud and instantly cover my mouth when the librarian comes over.

"Be quiet!" She seethes. I am taken aback as she stomps back to her desk and sits down. Jeez; and I thought I had anger issues... I finish the last couple of problems on the math assignment and quickly drop all of my textbooks and such to the floor. Taehyung looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Ya know that those are about $200, right?"

"Ya know I don't care, right?" I ask him sarcastically. He laughs quietly and smiles at me. Yoongi and Taehyung go off and talk about who knows what as they search for books. Jimin and I are left at the table alone. He reads out of an old book as I look around for something to do. When I finally make the conclusion that this is hopeless, I turn back to him.

"So... Hi."

"What is it Jungkook?" He asks. I decided I would mess with him a bit.

"Oh, it's nothing," I smirk innocently. He raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, okay?" He barely smiles before he continues to read his book. I clear my throat really loudly as he sighs.

"Do you need something, Jungkook?"

"Oh, no. It's nothing." He sighs, slightly annoyed as he continues to read his book once more. This time, I start to cough. First, I start out with a small cough and I let it escalate to a very loud and uncalled for kind of a cough. He clenches his jaw to keep from smiling as he looks up at me for the third time. His face is slightly red from anger and I see that he had rubbed off the black substance. His nose is scrunched up and some of his hair falls in front of his face.

"What is it, Jungkook? What do you possibly need at this time?" He asks. I smile and before I can even process what I said, I blurt out,

"You're just very handsome." His face turns even more red, probably red enough to turn a red apple to shame. I know this isn't from anger or annoyance, though. He is blushing. This makes me smile because I have that effect on him. He quickly hides his face in the pages of a book I know he does not want to read. He mutters a small, "thank you" before pretending to read again. I can tell he isn't, of course. He is horrible at faking it. I pull the book down from his face to see that it's still red. Not as red as before, but still very red.

"I meant it," I said; I feel my own cheeks start to heat up as I continue. "You are very sweet and nice. I don't get how I hadn't noticed it before... Probably because you are so very quiet." He smiles, as do I. Taehyung and Yoongi came back to see us with red faces, smiling at each other.

"What happened while we were gone?"