Chap 19 - Hello Child Services?

Jimin's Pov

I stand in my bathroom, curling my hair. I had already taken a quick shower and done my cleansing. My mother helped me pick out the perfect tux, as well. It was a bit smaller than expected, though.

"Why not wear some nice long jeans and a tee-shirt?" He had asked. My mother had scolded him afterward, saying that I should be able to dress up. It's dance, after all.

I stop curling my hair and quickly slip on my tux. It was now 6:15, so I didn't really have to wait that long for Jungkook. I walk down the stairs of my beloved home and into the living room. I sit on the couch, playing with my phone in my hands.

Why not call them?

No. Stop it, Jimin. Jungkook said no. He's fine. I don't need to call anyone. He is okay. He said he was okay. That's all the confirmation I need.

I sigh and throw my phone somewhere on the couch. Not helping a friend is harder than I thought. I shake my head. Why doesn't he want me to help him again? Apparently, his other family doesn't like him. But why? Jungkook is such a likable person. How can you not like him?

I groan in frustration to myself as I lay back on the couch. I am probably messing up my hair but I really don't care at his point. I sit there for a while, just staring up at the ceiling before Taehyung and Yoongi crash through my front door. Literally.

"Taehyung! How dare you break down my door! I'm calling your mother!" My mother storms off as Taehyung lays on the ground with a sheepish smile on his face. Yoongi steps over him and into the living room where I am.

"Hello, Jimin." Yoongi smiles. I smile back.

"Hello, Yoongi. May I ask why the two of you decided to break down my front door?" Yoongi smiles and points at Taehyung. Taehyung rolls his eyes and says,

"Okay, so maybe I was a little bored and wanted to do something new... I would get arrested for doing this at school, my mother would ground me for life, and there was really no other choice besides your house; so I went for it. Plus, your mom is very sympathetic to me and loves me like her own son. So she probably won't mind all of this..."

"She won't mind?" I laugh. "Did you not just see her angry face?" Taehyung shrugs.

"That was her surprised face. Not her angry one. Get your facts right, Jimin!"

"Yeah," I chuckle. "Keep telling yourself that. It will block out the truth that you will probably get arrested by my mother much easier-"

"Anyways," Yoongi sighs. "Are you ready for the dance? And, where's Jungkook? Isn't he supposed to be here by now?" I shrug.

"I'm fine if he's a couple of minutes late..." The sentence itself doesn't sit well with my stomach. Of course, I'm not alright if he is just a couple of minutes late! What if his dad does something to him? I shake my head. Jungkook's okay. He told me he would be here. He's never lied to me before. Right?

"Well, what do you want to do then while we wait for the pretty boy to get here?" Taehyung asks.

"Did you seriously just call him a pretty boy?" I laugh. Taehyung nods and smiles.

"I mean, have you seen his eyes? What about his hair? It's literally goals. It's nice and brown, everything that mine isn't. What about his muscles! I mean, come on! He has to lift at least 200 with those things; and what about-"

"I'm starting to think you are the one who had a crush on him, Taehyung," Yoongi interjects.

"Nope," Taehyung says. "Just you." Yoongi blushes.

"Whatever."

Even though their small argument was making me laugh, I still couldn't get the feeling of something being wrong with Jungkook. I mean, he should be here by now, right?

"I'll be right back," I say to Taehyung and Yoongi. They both wave me off and continue to bicker. I grab my phone and head up to my room, dialing the number. No, I should just hang up. Jungkook told me not to. But I'm doing the right thing, aren't I? I hold the phone to my ear.

"Hello, child services. How may we help you?"