Chap 11 - Don't

Jimin's Pov

I give Jungkook a questioning look as the men from child services come through the door and into the small hallway.

"Help me up, now. They can't see me. I'll get taken away," He pleads.

"That's the point," I whisper to him as I help him up. "You will be someplace better than here."

"I know that," he whispers back as we slowly walk up the stairs, trying not to make much noise. "I can't get taken away. Please don't tell them I am here..."

"Why?" I ask once we reach the top of the stairs. "Why would you want to stay?"

"Because," he says as he limps over to his bedroom door. "He may be cruel, but he's the only family I've got right now. I'd rather not end up with a random family I don't know..."

"What do you mean he's the only family you have right now?" I ask. Jungkook sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose as he leans on his door frame for support.

"It's complicated."

"- Yes, that backpack and those textbooks are my son's." I look at Jungkook.

"Do not say anything," he whispers.

"Where is your son?" One of the men asks.

"He is at a friend's house," he says. I shake my head.

"Why would you let him lie like this?" I ask Jungkook. He doesn't answer, instead, he listens in on the conversation.

"We got a call about your son being abused...?" The other man says unsurely.

"Uh, I don't know what you are talking about," he pauses, as if in thought. "Maybe it was another house. Nothing is going on here. If somebody heard shouting, it must have been me on the phone with my... Wife." Jungkook's jaw clenches at the word. His shoulders slump and he looks down.

"Are you alright?" I ask. Jungkook nods and waves me away as if he is silently saying he doesn't want to talk about it.

"- My wife and I have been fighting recently. I've been letting my son stay at his friend's house because I don't want him around it." Jungkook rolls his eyes and snorts.

"Great lie," he mutters sarcastically. I furrow my eyebrows. What happened to his mom?

"Alright, well, thank you for your time." The men walk towards the front door as my jaw hangs open.

"Come on," Jungkook says. He pulls at my arm and tugs me into his room. He closes the door and hands me my backpack. He opens the small window and nods towards it.

"No, I can't just... Will you be alright?" I ask. He nods and smiles.

"Thank you for calling them; but please, don't do that again. I understand why you did it. Just, don't do it again."

"Why? Why would you want to stay here?"

"I'd rather not be put in foster care. You need to leave."

"Will you be alright?" I ask him again. He sighs.

"After what just happened, I think I'll be alright. He wouldn't try and hit me again due to the fact those men are probably going around the neighborhood right now." I nod as Jungkook walks towards the window. I follow behind him.

"There is a rose bush growing on the side of the house. I've climbed out of the window before. It's safe. It'll act just like a ladder." I nod and gulp before climbing slowly out of the window. I see that it's become much darker outside. I start to climb down. I open my mouth to ask a question, but Jungkook beats me to it.

"I'll be at school tomorrow. This is nothing a little makeup can't fix." He smiles once more before waving and closing his window. I wave back and start to walk down the street towards my own neighborhood.

Jungkook's Pov

I sit down on my bed and put my head in my hands. I pick up the closest thing to me, which happens to be a small lamp, and throw it against the wall. The sound of it shattering echoes throughout the house. Moments later Yuhyung walks through the door and stand in front of me. He shoves me and grits his teeth.

"You're lucky your little friend called those men. Or else, I probably would have killed you on the spot."

"Why didn't you?" I ask. He ignores me and walks out of the room, slamming the door shut. I sigh and lay back on my bed.

Why didn't he?