Chap 3 - Suspicous

Jimin's Pov

I sigh and slouch deeper into my chair. The class has been boring the past couple of days. Probably because he wasn't here. He would always make some rude remark that would make my day. He would always exaggerate when he would get in trouble and it made me smile and laugh while the teachers would usually shake their heads. The news going around the school was that he got suspended. My good friends, Taehyung and Yoongi, said that they had seen him being dragged out of the school by his father, who didn't look in the mood for a joke.

"It sucks that he got suspended, he made me laugh." Taehyung takes a seat at our usual table for lunch. Yoongi and I sit down as well with the trays of who knows what that the teachers call "meatloaf". I swear, I just saw it moving.

"Who in their right minds would eat this... This thing?" Taehyung pokes his fork at it and quickly shoves it away, gagging as he does so. I think for a moment or two before doing the same. I shudder at the thought of what could be inside the mysterious lunch meat before going back to the topic about him. About Jungkook. The entire cafeteria chatters and buzzed with things like the latest news about the football team to the latest trend on Twitter. Yoongi picks at his salad that he had brought from home before speaking up.

"I know Tae and I saw what happened before they got into the car, but did you see what happened when they were in the car?" He asks suddenly. Taehyung and I turn our heads.

"I didn't really pay attention to anything. Why? What happened?" Taehyung asks. I raise an eyebrow, wanting to hear what he had to say.

"His father was yelling at him-"

"My parents would do that. I'm pretty sure all parents would do that. I mean, if I was a parent and my kid got suspended, I would be pretty mad. That doesn't mean anything," Taehyung interjects.

"I know, but I think there's more going on than it seems. When his father was yelling at him, he seemed so scared. He seemed like he was about to be killed."

"That's how I am when my parents are yelling at me. It's scary when people yell. It's loud and sometimes uncalled for," I say. I'm pretty sure I was just saying that to try and reassure myself more than him, though.

"I just... What if something is going on? What if it's something serious?" Yoongi asks.

"Just drop it. If it was that serious he would call the authorities. We shouldn't be worrying about it." Yoongi sighs at Taehyung's statement.

"... I guess you're right. I'm just making stuff up in my head," he finally says.

I smile. "Yeah, it's nothing."

For some reason, I couldn't quite believe my statement to be true...

Jungkook's Pov

I sit at the kitchen table in silence. Yuhyung, my father, sits across from me. I chew slowly on the piece of chicken in my mouth as I stare off into the distance. Yuhyung sips on his wine while I have a small glass of water next to me. Neither of us knows what to say, really. I'm just afraid that if I open my mouth, I would say the wrong thing. If I say the wrong thing, I would get hurt. I miss school, in all honesty. I don't miss the assignments, homework, and the teachers; but I do miss the fact that I could be gone from my father for at least seven hours a day. I don't get hurt and I don't get in trouble that way. Well, not from him, at least.

When we are finished, we clean up our plates and I instantly head to my room. Yuhyung's phone rings as I walk up the stairs. I walk into my room and close the door when he starts to yell into the phone. It's probably his work again, judging and yelling at him for not doing his best at his job. By the time he hangs up the phone, I am hoping that he won't come up and take out his anger on me. I guess luck isn't on my side today because he comes into my room and slaps me across the face, telling me what a poor excuse for a son I am. By the time he leaves, I am mumbling over and over to myself,

"Why do you hate me? What have I done?"