Chap 18 - Dance?

Jungkook's Pov

"He what?!" Jimin screams. I cover my ears due to the noise. We stand in front of the school, waiting for Yoongi and Taehyung.

"Yeah... He broke my arm. Don't worry, though. I mean, it's not that bad."

"What do you mean it's not that bad?" He asks in shock. I shrug.

"I don't know, okay?! I'm scared and helpless at this point! I don't know what to do so I'm just trying to be reassuring! Don't ruin it! Alright?!" Jimin jumps back at my loud, booming voice. I instantly calm my temper and look at him in sympathy.

"Jimin, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled."

"No, you have a right to. You're trying to stay positive and, in all honesty, I praise that." He laughs. "You are so optimistic even in the toughest situations while, here I am, thinking it's the end of the world when one of my favorite artists is going on a hiatus." This time, I laugh.

"Yeah... I am truly sorry for yelling, though. Yelling definitely isn't going to solve anything..."

"Jungkook, why won't out just call Child Services?"

"You have no idea how badly I want to. I just... Would have no one then."

"... You would have me." I smile sadly and look down at my feet.

"Family-wise, Jimin. No offense. I just... I would like to stay with people I am at least related to. I don't want to be put into foster care. I don't want to be an orphan."

"What about your mother?" He asks. I sighed. I haven't told him anything about Mum. I have only told Taehyung.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"... She's dead." Jimin frowns.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's alright. Let's just not talk about it, yeah? It's a sensitive topic." He nods.

"Hey, guys!" Yoongi smiles. He tugs Taehyung along behind him. He gives us a small smile before looking at my arm.

"What happened, man?" He asks. I shrug.

"Bike accident."

"How did that happen?"

"I don't know, really..." I lie. They both nod. We all walk into the school, getting ready to start another boring day. Jimin and I walk to our first class. Before we head through the door, I quickly pull Jimin's arm and drag him around the corner so we could talk.

"Jungkook, I'm pretty sure class is over there," he laughs. I smile.

"I know. I just... Do you want to go to the dance with me?" I ask. I gulp. He seems taken aback. I knew it was a stupid idea. I scold myself for thinking of such a stupid idea, instead of him rejecting me, though, he smiles and nods.

"Really?" I ask. He nods once more.

"Of course I'll go with you. What time?"

"Well, the dance starts at 6. So, maybe 6:30?" He nods and quickly turns the corner and walks through the door of the classroom.

"See you at 6:30, then."

~~~

I walk through the doors of my home, smiling to myself. I see Jessica and Father in the living room on the couch.

"Hello, Jessica." She smiles.

"Hey, Jungkook! How has your day been?" I shrug.

"Alright, I guess." She nods.

"That's good to hear." I nod.

"Well... I need to get ready. I'm going to a school dance." I start to walk up the stairs, but Father's voice stops me.

"No, you're not."

"What?" I ask. "But, I need to go. Don't you want me to have that teenage experience of prom?" I ask. He glares at me. I smirk. As long as Jessica is here, he can't do anything to me. So, I'm going to obviously take advantage of that.

"Yuhyung," Jessica starts. "Just let him go to the dance." She says.

"Exactly. I agree with Jessica." I say. Jessica laughs while Father shakes his head.

"I said no."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I said no. I don't have to give you any reason." I roll my eyes and walk up the stairs.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, boy!" He growls.

"Why not? I can do whatever I want you can't abuse me as long as Jessica is here." My eyes go wide. I was not supposed to say that. I'm very frightened as to what he is going to do. But, I am also very happy that I said that in front of an adult.

"What?" Jessica asks. Father gulps. "Yuhyung?" She asks. He turns to her.

"I really think you should go home." He says. She shakes her head.

"I want to know what's going on." Father glares at her before turning to me.

"You're gonna get it now, boy." I gulp.

"No, no. Please!" My legs feel like jelly. I instantly start running up the stairs. Anywhere at this point to just get away.

"Get back here!" He seethes.