Chap 10 - Knock Knock

Jungkook's Pov

We sit on the couch in the living room. Jimin goes over the notes once again. I sort of understand it after the sixth time...

"Does this make sense now?" He laughs. I smile and nod.

"Yeah..." He sighs in relief. "Sort of..." He laughs and goes over the equations and procedures once again. I hear a car outside but think nothing of it. It's probably one of the neighbors. It seems as if everyone was going on vacations nowadays. My eyes widen as I look up when I hear the door slam shut.

"Jungkook!" Yuhyung walks into the living room with a red face. I quickly turn to Jimin.

"Go upstairs. First door on the left," I say. He gives me a questioning look.

"Why do I-"

"Now." I cut him off. He stands up and takes his things before running up the stairs and slamming the door shut to my room. I turn to Yuhyung to see him laming over to me, his hand raised.

"Did I say you could have anyone over?" He asks me. His voice sounds calm, but I know that on the inside he is feeling the complete opposite.

"He-" he cuts me off by slapping me across the face. I fall off the couch and onto the floor, landing on top of my textbooks. One of the corners of the books digs into my back, making me groan in pain. I stand up only for Yuhyung to kick my legs and make me fall back down. I try to crawl away from him and into the bathroom to get bandages for the cuts but he tugs at my legs and pulls me back, making me shout in surprise.

Jimin's Pov

He just hit him! Jungkook's father just hit him! What do I do? Do I call the police? Do I call child services? Do I go and help? I have never been in this situation before... This is freaking me out! I hear Jungkook shout down the stairs. I open the door slowly, not wanting to make any noise. I gulp and proceed to look down the stairs. I lay on my belly at the top of the stairs so that I could see what was happening without actually being seen by either of them. I cover my mouth with my hand as Jungkook is dragged across the floor. He lays limp in front of his father. His father kicks him once, twice, three times, before Jungkook starts to cough. I see red liquid dripping out of his mouth and it takes everything in me not to rush down the stairs. What do I do? Call the police?

Yeah... I'll call the police...

I dial the number on my phone and hold the phone to my ear, wincing as Jungkook screams in pain as his father slaps him in the face.

"Hello?"

"Ah, yes. Uh, I need child services here, please."

"What seems to be the problem? Are you alright?"

"I'm just fine, but my friend is not. His father is abusing him. Please, hurry."

"Alright, we are sending men there now. Do whatever you can to get his father away from him until then." The line goes dead. I stand up and rush down the stairs.

"Stop it!" I scream. Jungkook's father stands up and walks over to me. He grabs my hair and brings me closer to his face.

"What are you going to do about it?" He asks.

"Ow! Please, stop!" I shout. He yanks at my hair harder. Tears fill my eyes before the pain from my head is gone. Jungkook jumps onto his father's back and starts to kick and hit him in the shoulder's and abdomen. My eyes widen when his father takes Jungkook by the neck and practically throws Jungkook off of him like a rag doll. His father slaps him again before there is a knocking at the door. Jungkook's father stops what he is doing and answers the door to be met with child services. I smile slightly before Jungkook whispers to me,

"Help me up to my room. They can't see me."