Chap 14 - Father's Work

Jungkook's Pov

I open the door to what I call home and throw my backpack down at my feet. I twirl around until I am dizzy.

"I have a crush, I have a crush and I don't care who knows it!"

"How dare you be happy around this time?!" Yuhyung walks into the small living room area and glares at me. I roll my eyes.

"Can't be happy for your son for once?" I mutter under my breath. He clenches his jaw and grips my hair before dragging me up the stairs and to my room. He throws me to the floor and kicks me once before glaring once more and stepping out into the hallway.

"Disrespect me again, and it will be much worse. I can assure you that." He slams the door and walks down the hall, making a couple of pictures on my wall fall. I wince as I touch my head. He had scratched me with his fingernails and it stung. I retract my hand to find blood. I sigh and stand up before heading to the bathroom and grabbing a small washcloth. I wet it and dab at my head, wincing at the contact.

When the wound had stopped bleeding, I stepped out of the bathroom and lay down on my bed. I instantly shoot up when I hear my father's heavy footsteps. He opens the door and I bite my tongue.

"Pick up your crap, will ya?" He throws my backpack at me with all his might. It hits my face, my nose directly. I cup my nose and sit down on the floor. He rolls his eyes.

"Get up. My son isn't a wimp." When I don't get up, he strides over and grabs my arm, yanking my body up to face him.

"I said get up!" He yells. I jump back a little from fright. I gulp and try to regain my posture, hopefully seeming as if I am not weak. I felt slightly happy, though. He had at least referenced me as his son...

"Get decent clothes on and meet me downstairs in five minutes. We are going somewhere."

"May I ask where we are going?" He glares.

"Did I say you could talk?" I shrink back away from him. Something a coward would do.

"No," I mumble. He turns on his heel and heads out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

"So much for being happy today..."

~~~

I shake my head at my hair. Father had me comb it to the side. I looked like an idiot, in all honesty. We were going to dinner with some of Father's business partners. Why I am going along, too, I may never know.

"Come on!" He shouts. I jump at his voice and rush down the stairs and to the car, not wanting to anger him.

"Homework is done?" I nod. "You brushed your teeth, hair, did you shower?" I look at him weirdly and nod. He never asked me questions like this. It was always Mum who did that.

"Why are you asking me these questions?"

"Don't question me, boy." I shrink back into my seat and keep quiet. After a couple of minutes of driving, Father says,

"I don't want you to embarrass me at this dinner. It's pretty important." I look out the window.

"Why am I coming along if it's for work?" Father sighs and grips the steering wheel, obviously trying not to get angry with me for asking so many many questions.

"They wanted to meet my son." He mutters. I nod. We arrive at the fancy restaurant and make our way inside. We find the table some of my father's partners and sit down. I go through all of the manners my mother had taught me to use at the dinner table so I wouldn't make a complete fool of myself.

I probably already have with this hair...

"Hello. You must be Jungkook, I have heard a lot about you," a man smiles at me and shakes my hand. I politely smile back and nod. I'd rather not speak. I usually get hit when I do. So, I'd rather not wake up with a bruise tomorrow.

"Have you met my son?" The man asks. "He goes to school with you. Oh, look! He's coming back to the table right now." I look where the man's gaze is. I gulp when I see the one person I really want to see right now.

Jimin.