Chap 21 - Late

Jungkook's Pov

I make sure my hair is neat before I walk out of my small bathroom. I grab the roses I had gotten for Jimin and fix my tie the hung loosely around my neck. I look in the mirror once more before sighing. Was I really going to do this? Yes, I was. I was going to do this for Jimin. My door was locked and I made sure Father was at least somewhat calm before stuffing a small photograph of my mother into my pocket and opening the window of my bedroom that led to the roof.

The cool night air hit my face, making me shiver. I gulp and look back behind me one more time before climbing out the window and onto the roof. I walk across the roof slowly, trying to be extremely quiet. I have to shift my weight in different spots exactly or else the roof will creak, making this whole cliché escape to the dance plan fail. Once I am at the end of the roof, I breathe in deeply before jumping.

I swiftly land onto the ground and run across the front lawn. Down the street, I had parked a car I had rented for this specific night. It wasn't anything much, but it wasn't the most crappiest car you have ever seen, either. I unlock the door and jump inside. I start the car and set the roses on the seat next to me. I speed off down the street. I replay the directions Jimin had given me just before we had left school back in my head.

Within a couple of minutes, I am at Jimin's doorstep. There was a weird tarp of some sort over his front door. So, instead of knocking, I just ring the doorbell next to it. I hear footsteps and within a couple of seconds, Taehyung stands in front of me.

"Taehyung?" I ask. He smiles.

"Are those for me?" He asks in a girly voice.

"Hardy-har-har," I say in a sarcastic tone. He rolls his eyes.

"Okay, no need to be rude," he laughs. "Jimin is in the living room." I smile and walk past him. I walk into the living room to see Jimin sitting there.

"Hey, Jimin." I smile. I had made sure to cover up my new scratch on the foundation I had bought. It comes in handy; I understand why girls use it now...

"Jungkook!" Jimin smiles and jumps up before hugging me. He gives me a side hug due to my cast on my arm. I hand him the roses I had bought. He smiles and accepts them.

"Thank you," he says. He hugs me again before whispering in my ear, "Are you okay?" I nod. He smiles a small, sympathetic smile.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm just fine. No need to worry." Jimin gives me a small look of guilt. Before I am able to comprehend any reasons as to why he would need to be guilty around me, Taehyung shouts,

"Alright, who's ready to party?" We all laugh.

"Okay, Taehyung and I are going in his car. Jimin and Jungkook, you guys are riding in a different car I'm guessing?" Yoongi asks. I nod while Jungkook just stands next to me.

"Well then, let's go!" Taehyung and Yoongi run out the door, well, doorway and Jimin and I quickly follow. We all climb into put cars and start to drive off down the road.

"What exactly happened with your door? Wait! Don't tell me... Let me guess-"

"Taehyung," we both say. I laugh at the fact that we said it at the same time.

"Yeah... He was apparently bored and decided that a great way to start off the night was breaking my front door down." I laugh.

"Something is wrong with him," I say.

"Yup."

"Jungkook, why were you late?" Jimin asks. I gulp.

"I was afraid you would ask that," I laugh. "Uh... He got mad." Jimin slouches in his seat.

"Oh," he mumbles. He quickly changes the subject by saying, "I didn't know you had a car?" I laugh.

"Trust me," I start. "I don't. This one I rented. I'm broke."